*speed internal with a double front?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys

I'm toying with an idea for my Panasonic bike it's currently a 12 speeder but I wanna drop it to an 8 speed Sturmey Archer coaster brake hub I have a 27 inch wheel that I wanna try rebuilding when I get it but my question I was wondering would it work with double crank? Would it give anymore gearing I think it's a 50 tooth for the biggest ring from the research I done on it still gotta actually sit done and count the teeth but wondering if worth it to change it out? Lemme know what y'all think or would it be a waste of time with the double? Also planning to add if possible a Sturmey dyno/drum brake hub to the front I wanna loose the rim brakes on the bike. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Jim

id count the teeth and do the math first to see if makes enough difference to be worth trying.could save some disapointment, i dont know. not sure how the coaster will like the front shifting either. its an interesting concept, though.

deorman said:
The coaster brake will be completely undependable with the chain slack needed for a multi-sprocket crank.

Thanks had a hunch wasn't sure

Back