Speedster and Heavy Duti

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I took the Cruiser 5 down to Swap meet. Traded it for this Heavy Duti + cash. Money back on the Cruiser 5 plus a bike. :D
0610080736a.jpg

I have always wanted a Speedster. A lady came in with her deceased husbands that had been sitting in the garage for the last 25 years. It is in very nice shape. The original tires need to be replaced. Funny thing I don' t know if I will keep it.
0610080735.jpg

0610080736.jpg

0610080735a.jpg

I scored a bunch of cool parts. Funky seatpost, truss rods, cool clunky rear rack. I also responded to CL for some cruiser parts. A bike builder is closing his shop down. I bought a complete coaster wheel set w/tires(26x3 and 24x3), handlebars, Felt fenders/chainguard, dropstand, cranks and a stem. His prices where about a third of retail. Some of these parts will appear on my Buildoff bike.

The detail job would just require a damp rag. There is no grime just dust. The only dings on are on the rear fender.

Nice score on the speedster, I have its identical twin.I have been keeping an eye out for a camelback frame for your project, but it looks like found one :lol: I saw that CL ad for the cruiser parts, did he still have the chopper frame? I was thinking about calling and buying the whole mess. Maybe you saved me from my buying compulsion :)

2manybikes said:
Nice score on the speedster, I have its identical twin.I have been keeping an eye out for a camelback frame for your project, but it looks like found one :lol: I saw that CL ad for the cruiser parts, did he still have the chopper frame? I was thinking about calling and buying the whole mess. Maybe you saved me from my buying compulsion :)

I bought about 1/2 of what he had. The wheels 24x3 w/rim at $15 was too good of deal to pass up. His name is Jonny, very nice guy. I almost bought that frame just to resale. He delivered my parts to me last night and he said he was flooded with calls.

Re: Speedster and Heavy Duti=Better pics 6-10

Thanks for the comments. Here are some better pics.
CIMG0680.jpg
CIMG0679.jpg

CIMG0684.jpg

I have a sweet blue S seat that would really complete that bike.

Came off the bike below before I parted it all out...

DSC_0098.jpg

Back