Spitfire Rebuild

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Multipass said:
ricksterr1221 said:
nobody LIKES IT :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol:

Not to worry there Rick, I like this bike plenty. The two tone paint it has is actually my favourite Schwinn paint scheme. Great patina on it, it's weathered, but not cruddy looking. It's Just right in my books.

You may want to tweak your forks though, they look a bit bent back. The handling will be that much better when they're at the factory rake.

-Mp

Handles fine :) Its a ratrod not a show bike haha, How would i straighten it? heat?

Your bike shop should have a tool that looks like a big car jack that they can use to bend your forks back into the original shape.

Thanks steve, If they cant fix it ill get a different fork. Would it really make it handle that much better? I bent them last year crashed it badddd

Spin them around backwards and run into something! :mrgreen:

Bike looks real good Ricky! I may have to come down and take it for a spin! What's the forks like? They look like some that I might have. Shoot me a close up!

Will do man! any 26 inch schwinn blade will work well mens Because of stem length. Ill go snap a picture brb jim.

DSCF1607.jpg

DSCF1608.jpg

GETTING Packed, We got kitchen and utility redone, MOM NEEDS TO GET STUFF OUT OF GARAGE!!!
DSCF1609.jpg

sharp man !!! howabout usin some of those boxes to ship me some of those bikes !!! ya know while the kitchen and utility room are gettin redone !!! j/k :lol:

You've had at least one of everything!! :shock: Mine looks older, Is it? im almost positive shes a 58.

Oh u got a better bike :) So did u clean er up and all yet? Well i know u did but have u done anything 2 it, Like bars? anything?

Hahaha thats great. So how many bikes you got? Do u even know lol? i cant part with my bikes idk why, I get it ride it and i get attatched.. Ya know? Haha i never told you guys the story when i baught the bike did i?? Ahh a good story for to morrow. make some of you laugh lol.

i suppose theres 25- 30 bikes around here lol
lately I forget what I have because stuff moves so fast
picked up a sweet late 1940s hawthorne today
P8160001.jpg

and tomorrow morning I am getting a prewar schwiinn :)

Ill trade ya for my spitfire. lol i wish. I love the lines of that bike.

Hooch, Where do u find them all? Im moving to Iowa! dang it i want some olllld bikes. Mine are 2 new. What model prewar do u know?

Back