Springer with head light

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So let's see them. I want to put a headlamp on my springer forks and want to see how it is done. Ideas? pics? let's see whatcha ya got!

Not mine, I think its a John Brian fork? Looks like the headlight mounts to a bracket attached to the plate holding the springs in place. I think this photo came from the old chopperbicycle.net forum.

BrainSpringerforksonPowderKegbike20.jpg

Dorian

Wow! so Schwinn had a factory lights mounted to a springer. Are the brackets still available, I assume they have longer bolts as well. I would love to see a top and front shot of that.

Brackets are rare but I don't think it would be hard to make your own. Yes, you will probably need longer bolts. Gary

I made a bracket for REAPER for it's headlight. I was going to mount it to the bolt that runs through the spring but unless I welded it to the bolt, it would fall as soon as the spring had pressure on it. I ended up mounting the bracket to the bolt that holds the handlebars to the stem.

Back