Spyder Monkey

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingfish254 said:
Great to see dat monkey again!!!!!

Stance looks great like it is, but if you want rake, why don't you cut the forks off of the first fork and extend the new fork by sliding the legs into the old forks?

Sound cool idea but what about chrome.

Its getting close. Im done for tonight

1365481359_zps12003804.jpg

1365481409_zps96802fe9.jpg

1365481541_zps5f8bc0c9.jpg

1365481565_zpsc98e09b2.jpg

Shoot! Just tested chain guard to see if ten speed will work. Almost but guard is blocking it to shifting to high gear. That's out. I found rear 8 gears casette for $1.50. I will try that instead. At least, evan colson square fender bolted and is working beautifully.

1365567268_zps351cba53.jpg

1365567289_zpsdf68c4d9.jpg

LukeTheJoker said:
Gotta say it, that Hurst shifter is the bees knees! Over the top awesome!

Luke.

Thanks! Its nice to have someone enjoy my work because in reality world. People do not see it but a adult trying build kiddies style bike. Lol I kept try telling them that's how americans in 1970's made this bikes. Can't wait finish monkey spyder!

m preparing my shed to be sealed and shop light to paint Spyder monkey then turn my shed into workstation after. I just bought primer, ford golden bronze, burnt orange, clearcoat. My plan is paint whole frame golden bronze then blend burnt orange on headset, BB, and dropout. I hope it will turn out great. Cross fingers.

Good thing I checked 13-34 teeth 8 speed casette before paint because I will need to do some grinds on frame. I think this will ride better than 15-28 5 speed casette.

Finally finished sealed the shed, now I'm grinding and sanding frame to prepare for paint. Bad new my aunt died. I have to go colorado peublo for two weeks. That's slowing me down.

I wish I have welder tools to make all those ruff metal blend smooth. I noticed some people use filler to do this job. Its scary to me because if I apply too much filler will cause crack. How it work?

I got back home eariler than planned. First thing I did after six days in the car with grandma is wet sanding and wax polished and put cups back. I had to stop right there because I'm exhausted. I made a few mistakes. I missed couple spots paint and over sparyed couple spots and should have punch headbadge pins out before paint. It still look so good tho. Not bad for first timer. Lol

Its difficult to picture true colors. In real life, it look different than picture shows. It has gold color too. Very cool. Will try again with sunlight. I like golden bronze. Burnt orange is okay.

Latest posts

Back