Squirrel Power

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
n1378486166_75547_9214.jpg

I built my first rat after seeing some of the guys bikes at collage cyclery . This year (feb) my wife came down with a rare form of cancer (nerve tumor).To pass the time I started dreaming about building a rat bike out of a old felt frame my boy Terry gave me.My wife was a world champion off road triathlete and a top 10 pro mountain biker.I was her mechanic for the past 8 years. She came down with her sickness and I all of a sudden had nothing to work on.I use to race salomn and Dh, so I have a lot of vintage dh stuff.This shows in my first bike the EL BANDITO.I hope you all like it, and am dreaming up a crazy new project that I am starting on real soon.Keep it greezy!!!
CANCER SUCKS YO! SQUIRREL
n624972324_743676_135.jpg

n1378486166_75546_4596-1.jpg

WELCOME!

Hey man, welcome!
All the best for you and your wife. You're right, cancer sucks!
-tom

squirrel said:
h

I have a lot of vintage dh stuff.
][/quote]
Then You might know this tire, its 24x3
[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k298/carlfoto/MY%20BIKES/IMG_1335c2.jpg
IMG_1388c2.jpg

Welcome, it will be interesting to see the mix of DH stuff
Yes cancer Sucks,

Welcome!
Crazy looking bike!

My dad got cancer in '05-06, but now he's health. All the best to your wife and her supportcrew. :)

finally got around to reading your intro. welcome buddy. now you gotta come on one of the rides.

Hey Squirrel, are you by chance friends with Willi Warren from Kona? He's an old friend of mine from Colorado and a fellow Pro DH'er as well as a rep for Kona Bikes. I too was bitten by the bug of long travel mountain bombers and although I never raced on the circuit I did run the Pro course at Crested Butte, Angelfire, and Winterpark from time to time. The annual Crested Butte Fat Tire Classic was one heck of a DH event and we made it a regular occurance each year.

I like your style and I wish your wife a speedy recovery. Let me know if i can help you in anyway. Talk soon, Travis

Ya I grew up with Willy in Idaho.What a small world.Tell Schwilly if you see him I said what up!
Thanks for the welcome!
court

What a trip, Yeah I don't see much of Swilly since he moved to Grand Junction but when he was living up at the ranch with Tyler I saw him all the time. I'm out in So-Cal for another week or so then I relocating myself back to Texas, that's a long story for another time, but I'll be in Colorado again in a month or so to get my belongings out of storage. Where are you living at? Hey do you remember a guy named Steven Mitchner? He's another close bro of mine who also used to race DH. Him and his wife own a B&B in France which happens to be right on the "Tour de'" route. Steve set it up as a cyclist resort. He's supposed to be back in Denver in a couple of weeks.
Any who good to know how small my world really is, or just how many friggin people I know all over this rock we call home. Talk later Travis

Back