BO15 SteamRoller - Finished 1st THANKS!! - CompareTwinWinsVerBotenSteamRoller

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shameless.......... :rofl:
shameless-frank.jpeg

I really like that Harley fork on there, but think the rigged neck / connector may pose some issues. Triple tree might look good shortened down. A monarch style would match your sprung sissy on the back.

The rigged neck was just done for mockup only. No way would I trust that for riding. :D

I think another springer like the one on the back would flow nicely. Do what ya got to do.

A monarch style would match your sprung sissy on the back.

I didn't remember that I had this modern Monark style fork that I got in a trade with @Rat Rod until I had already put the bike and tools back up last night. So I was looking forward to trying it out after work today.

20200618_171138.jpg

It will mirror the sissy bar nicely

20200618_171256.jpg

The fork fits, but I will definitely have to shave down some bearing cups for the 1 1/8" headset to fit in the headtube. So for now it's a dry fit. Also I have to adjust the position the front fork legs so that the whole fork doesn't jack up the front end too much.

20200618_172442.jpg

The wheel fits the fork well.

20200618_173006.jpg

20200618_173135.jpg
20200618_173141.jpg
20200618_173152.jpg

I had to get a 1 1/8" stem for the handlebars, so I went ahead and snapped a pic of the apes that were attached to the stem.

20200618_173402.jpg

Here is the assembly with the Felby bars. I like how welll it works with the sissy bar springs and there are many angles that you can see both the front and back springs.

20200618_174238.jpg
20200618_174246.jpg
20200618_174259.jpg
20200618_174313.jpg
20200618_174856.jpg
20200618_174903.jpg
20200618_174931.jpg
20200618_175027.jpg
20200618_175039.jpg

The Monarch springer looks like the fix if you can make it work, maybe try some integrated headset parts.

Hate to say it, but it works better than the Girvin.

The Girvin must have been talking to me and I didn't listen. So it went Oops Up Side My Head, Say Oops Up Side My Head!!!

listen.jpg

The Monarch springer looks like the fix if you can make it work, maybe try some integrated headset parts.

I should be able to just grind about 1mm around the the lip of the bearing cup and it should fit. I don't believe integrated headsets would work at all since the headtube isn't machined for it.

I'm anxious to see what the triple tree would look like, although the Harley fork is good.
WAIT- you just posted as I was typing. I like this latest one best! Felby?

I didn't even bother testing the triple tree. The Monark is too perfect.
Yes, those are Patina Kustoms Felby bars. They are the same ones I used on RockaFella.

The Monark fork is the ticket!

From a design perspective, what catches my eye is not the sissy springer match at all. Instead it's the double tubes on the fork reiterating the double tubes on the frame. (Now I want to see the sissy doubled up!) Also, the round tubes on the reproduction Monark tie in perfectly with the tubular wheel spokes in a way that the Girvin never could. I honestly never liked the Girvin from the start but didn't want to be a Debbie Downer since everyone else seemed to like it so much.

Sorry that you had to crash to get here, but it was a productive crash in my opinion! o_O:):thumbsup:

Last edited:
The Monark fork is the ticket!

From a design perspective, what catches my eye is not the sissy springer match at all. Instead it's the double tubes on the fork reiterating the double tubes on the frame. Also, the round tubes on the reproduction Monark tie in perfectly with the tubular wheel spokes in a way that the Girvin never could. I honestly never liked the Girvin from the start but didn't want to be a Debbie Downer since everyone else seemed to like it so much.

Sorry that you had to crash to get here, but it was a productive crash in my opinion! o_O:):thumbsup:

I agree COMPLETELY on all of the curvy twin tubes complimenting each other and flowing well. Also the scale of the tubing. There was a bulkiness to the Girvin which I liked with the wheels, but was a little out of proportion with the frame. I still liked it, but I like this SOOOOO much better.

It was definitely a crash worth having. :D :D

Back