BO15 SteamRoller - Finished 1st THANKS!! - CompareTwinWinsVerBotenSteamRoller

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the tire through the rack is cool, I think you gave up on the cafe fender idea too soon.

KB Mod.jpg

Long and low is the way to go, I think. Perhaps something a bit more like a unicycle saddle. The banana is the better of the two you've tried....but it may not be the best possible. I'd hate to see a sissy bar interfere with that frame's sleek, floating lines.

I'm curious what a smaller saddle choice would look like as well

Now that ^ is cool!

For me the long spring works best with your 'peek-a-boo rack'. And, with the rack and the long spring, somehow the bars don't fit in like they did with the original low and long set up.

Now that ^ is cool!

For me the long spring works best with your 'peek-a-boo rack'. And, with the rack and the long spring, somehow the bars don't fit in like they did with the original low and long set up.
Hmmm, how about a looooong spring saddle, where the springs extend below the line of the rack, to kind of mirror the tire rising above it?

Sounds pretty kingfishy to me

In this essay, I will prove that the banana seat is better. I prefer the nanny for the following reasons.
Looks so slammed with the nanner, like some giant pushed down on the seat with their big ol thumb
Seems to follow the sweeping line of the...well, is it a top tube or a seat stay? Top stay? Get a regular frame so I know how to talk about it!

Yeah, I'm on the Lepper train, too, but also agree it's be better with the springs hanging down on either side of the rack. You said before that you had a Ruff seat pan; isn't there something that you could do with that, a pivot under the front and a pair of (hairpin?) Springs to support the rear?

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Long and low is the way to go, I think. Perhaps something a bit more like a unicycle saddle. The banana is the better of the two you've tried....but it may not be the best possible. I'd hate to see a sissy bar interfere with that frame's sleek, floating lines.
The old tricycle saddle on my Nirve isn't nearly as uncomfortable as one might expect, and a unicycle seat is very similar.
2551f783e080ccac9cf312ab271fcd0a.jpg

The old tricycle saddle on my Nirve isn't nearly as uncomfortable as one might expect, and a unicycle seat is very similar.
2551f783e080ccac9cf312ab271fcd0a.jpg

Maybe I shouldn't have raffled off the Joe Exotic Leopard seat that @Rev Paul won!!!!???

1589123252873.png

This is all part of P.T. Kingfish's showmanship.

We'll debate for a little longer over two possible seat options, then he'll pull down the curtain on a THIRD seat that outshines them both.

Standing ovation.

I wish I was that smart!!!!! But I do like ideas to stew and simmer a bit. Plus the beauty of build off time is you can tap into the borg creativity collective that we have going on. One simple comment can get you thinking along a path you hadn't considered.

We'll see what seat I end up with. Thinking back on my previous builds, this is the closest I have come to having a "normal" seat on a build off bike. All of my other seats have had something unique about them. I don't really set out to do that. It just kinda happens.

seat.jpg

The Master of Kustom Kool back at it again !! :cool:

Awesome wicked build!
Is that frame still stiff without the seat tube I wonder?
That first rear rack you tried reminded me of my "American Eagle" rear rack:
Sorry for the big picture in your thread.
n3Yfoiu.jpg

Latest posts

Back