Stick shift for Nexus 3 Speed shifter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guy's need some info/help......

I'm cruisin an Electra Straight 8 chopper with ShimNO nEXUS 3 SPEED TWIST SHIFT......I want to install a stick shift under my seat suicide stylo...but not sure what is compatible with my bike or where to find the parts..........Also not tryin 2 break the bank..........

thanks guys
Oldskool

I put a stick shifter on my 3 speed nexus.. It shifts without problems.. There is actually another thread with almost the same name..I'd link it but I'm clueless, lol.

anyone know if I can get one of these in the states???

069centrix_p1.jpg

FaceOFFbikes said:
That's hot.. where did you get the pic?
i belive from my chopper-thread, since i posted it there a few days ago.
i guess chances are zero to none to get one of the centrix stick shifters in the us.
they are from the 70's but never made it to the market back than due to patent issues. now they "just" got available in germany (maybe for 2 years now?) so i would be amazed if one already made it to the states and is for sale right now.
you should try to contact the owner of the webshop via email, here's the link
i remember that someone said they sell the shifters seperatly. i could ask on a german board if the shifter is compatible with your hub

edit: using the search funktion on the german board was even faster... someone already tried the centix shifter on the 3speed nexus. it worked for him, but the marks on the shifter for 1, 2 and 3 didn't match with the timing when the hub really switched from 2-3. i hope you know what i mean. don't know how to explain in english, sorry

but how about the sturmey archer stick shifter?
i guess they could be available in the us, i you spend some time looking for them
just had a look at evilbay.com and here's a SA that looks almost like the centrix shifter: click

the last option i'd know was a diy stick shifter. shouldn't be that hard to build when you use the original grip shifter and mount a lever to it.

I made one some years back.

link to pic

sorry I don't have a better close-up pic. Basically used black pipe from Home Depot. Welded it onto a short piece of square tube. Welded a half round on the bottom of the square tube for the cable to ride against. I used a couple plastic washers on the pivot bolt to put the 'friction' in the friction shift.

I drilled some holes in the handle to kinda make it look like a gun barrel.

Doesn't really have that OEM look but hey, it was cheap.

lofrontier said:
I made one some years back.

link to pic

sorry I don't have a better close-up pic. Basically used black pipe from Home Depot. Welded it onto a short piece of square tube. Welded a half round on the bottom of the square tube for the cable to ride against. I used a couple plastic washers on the pivot bolt to put the 'friction' in the friction shift.

I drilled some holes in the handle to kinda make it look like a gun barrel.

Doesn't really have that OEM look but hey, it was cheap.
Nice shifter.. Those handlebars are crazy man! -thumbs up-

Thanks for everyones help......I was able to purchase two of the Cenrix Shifters from my friend Rhalf at the Chopperdome!!!

He gave me a great deal...............so I can't wait until they arrive!!!

Thanks again everyone for your tips and info!!

Oldskool13

Back