• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Still looking... Schwinn 26” S2 Non Knurled Chrome Wheel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTV

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
As the title says... looking for a front wheel to match the rear I’ve already got. If you only have the hoop I’ll take that as well. Thanks for looking!
FCEB7379-3531-4EAC-965A-C528E32A0BE7.jpeg

Still looking for one of these...

Can anyone shed some light on what this wheel is exactly? I know the early S2’s weren’t knurled, but I highly doubt this is one of those. Is it a 80’s/90’s reproduction Schwinn wheel?? I haven’t found a similar one online.
I’m starting to get a little impatient with this build so I’m exploring wheel options... as I mentioned previously the rear wheel is laced to a Sturmey Archer three speed coaster brake with custom skip tooth sprocket. The easiest solution would be to find a matching front wheel (or hoop I can lace up) and be done with it. Since I’m having problems just finding a picture of a similar wheel, I’m beginning to loose hope with that option. I also have the original ND rear hub, so I theoretically could build a wheel set with whatever hoops I choose. But I’d rather not invest a lot of time and money for a bike that I’m just going to end up selling to a friend for too cheap anyway!
Maybe I could just throw any front rim on there and be done with it, sell the original hubs with the bike and let the owner do what they wish with them...

Back