stingray deluxe green

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got this schwinn stingray deluxe yesterday it looks all there except sissy bar and back tire? could you guys look this over and tell me if what its worth and tell me if its all there and if you guys notice something that aint right on the bike please i need your knowledge...I just keep thinking that deluxe means chrome fenders and whitewalls..I should put schwinn whitewalls on it to make it right? also what is with this seat its a schwinn seat made by persons on bottom but i have never seen a black one like that. i definastely want a green one to match the grips but would it have came with that black seat? like a cheaper option or something please help..But i got it for 200 the guy needed the money fast so he let it go to me. thanx for your time hope u guys can help?
116-1.jpg

118.jpg
120.jpg

122.jpg

Dont remember the holes in the sissy bar on a schwinn or the black seat on a deluxe. I would have snached it up! nice. :mrgreen:

Sissy and seat def not original. Seat would have been green with the silver Mylar stripes. I could be wrong, but I thought deluxe models were multi speed. Is that a two speed kickback rear hub? White walls would look great on it, but the even the repro schwinn ones are pricey and hard to find these days.

Single speed Deluxe was available. I know the earlier Deluxe signified whitewall tires and gave it fenders; I don't know if it meant anything else. After '69 or so I believe they went to white line tires.

4653974349_48eeae69d3_z.jpg

deluxe options would vary by year,but i agree it would have a black or rarely white mylar ribbed seat.Deluxe typically did not require multi speeds,depending on year deluxes would have white line tires,maybe a knobby rear in later years,somtimes a slick,chrome fenders,S2 rear rim..Multi speeds were options that the dealer or buyer could order or have installed.
The year means alot when buying a stingray.
in my humble opinion its like this on normal NON krate stingrays-
65-67 highest value
68-73
74-77
78-82 lowest value
Your handlbars are the 69 and earlier type,got a serial number?1972 was the last year of campus green on a deluxe stingray so it should be 72 or earlier.

thanx guys the sissy bar im certain is wrong and the black seat prolly went on something else but its a legit stingray bananna seat just never seen a black one like that

im not sure what kind of hub it is i dont know that much about them and ya he had a whiteline slik on it but wouldnt let it go so he put a differnt back tire on it..and yes them schwinn whitewalls are pricey lol

trent oros said:
the cerial number is cgo23427
should be a march 1971
heres a whiteline I came up with last night,dry but display bike-able.My friend has a rear.
schwinnwhiteline001.jpg

schwinnwhiteline002.jpg

you will likely have a standard bendix 70 rear hub.I personally have yet to see a two speed kickback on a Ray but they might exist.

haha cool man your really helping me out. I need to slow down some spending for now though keep me in mind. its a march of 71 but u say i have 69 handlebars? or are they right? sorry bout all the questions but i can never figure them out there is so many different types and it seems u know your stuff thanx alot

unless its camera angle they are earlier generation bars.The red one in the pic has the correct style bars for your green one.it happens-kid bends his bars and ganks a set off another bike or someone just replaced them.
If your serial number is CGXXXXXXXX its a 1971

Xcruiser said:
deluxe options would vary by year,but i agree it would have a black or rarely white mylar ribbed seat.Deluxe typically did not require multi speeds,depending on year deluxes would have white line tires,maybe a knobby rear in later years,somtimes a slick,chrome fenders,S2 rear rim..Multi speeds were options that the dealer or buyer could order or have installed.
65-67 highest value
68-73
74-77
78-82 lowest value
Your handlbars are the 69 and earlier type,got a serial number?1972 was the last year of campus green on a deluxe stingray so it should be 72 or earlier.
Does this run about the same for the fairlady? is there a year of it that is most desirable?

dragnusa said:
Xcruiser said:
65-67 highest value
68-73
74-77
78-82 lowest value
Does this run about the same for the fairlady? is there a year of it that is most desirable?
Well Drgnusa,yours is A: radiant violet B: a 1965 so yes In my humble opinion yes.Nice schwinn in violet seem to command a premium in my experience.opinions may vary. I know if i had a blue 65 fairlady and a Radiant violet one Im going to ask more for violet all day long.Taking into account that 3 speed models are usually worth the most with Fairladies.

Back