Stolen Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've ever had a bike stolen, post your story, pics of the bike, and or description of the bike here. It doesn't matter if it was 10 minutes ago or 20 years ago. With all the bikes that pass through our hands and in front of our eyes maybe we can get some bikes back to their proper homes.

I'll start.

I had a chrome Schwinn Mag Scrambler stolen in 1987. It had black CW bars, Tange forks, silver Tuf Neck stem, black and grey ODI Mushroom grips, silver Tuf Neck power disc and chain ring, 1 pc. cranks, gold fluted seatpost, black Dyna Viscount seat, and Skyway Tuff 1 mags.

It was my brother's best friend's bike. I drooled over it as a young kid and bought it from him when I was about 11. It was stolen when I was about 15 while it sat on a friend's patio in Plano, Texas. I'd love to see that bike again. I'm actually in the process of building a replica of the bike. I'm about 90% there.

Thanks for keeping an eye out and I hope this and the following posts on the subject are useful.

how 'bout a bike I stole?

I'm embarresed to admit this, but hey, it's better to come clean isn't it? Besides, I was like 14 years old.
And the story ends with a good moral lessen.

Back in like '74 I was hangin' with this kid named Pat Hall. He was one of these kids who always would get you into trouble. Well we were hangin' at the local strip Mall one Friday night and he sees this 10 speed sitting in front of one of the stores. He decides to steal it.

I wasn't really into it, but you know how peer pressure is at 14. So we swipe it and run around the back of the Mall into the woods. We think we are in the clear when we hear some kid screaming and coming up on us. We ditch the bike on the trail and hide in the woods.

Kid gets back his bike and I swear never to listen to Pat Hall again.

Whoooh! I feel better now.

Spin

Yeah I steal them all the time....just kidding just kidding! I have had people come in my yard and steal parts off my junkers but other than that, i've been lucky...knock on wood!

I had a brown Collegiate swiped this past fall. Mint condition, brown glitter grips and lever covers, brown S seat, 3 speed. :x

most of you that know my LUCKY 7 bike know her story. if not find the post under the gallery and read. sometimes they do come back

My neighborhood is bike thief central. Luckily the thieves go for pricey fixies and road bikes before anything I would be riding. Several nice bikes were stolen in the immediate area over the summer. Many in broad daylight. Cut right through some serious locks quickly enough to not draw any attention, probably using electro-hydraulic bolt cutters or something similar. My boss was hit twice in a couple months time.

Looks like pro bike thieves may have descended upon Wisconsin.

As far as bikes I have lost, I had a POS Bianchi mountain bike stolen from my back yard. The read end was completely frozen, so the would have had to drag/carry it wherever they went. It was a trash find, so no loss to me.

I remember when I was 9 years old my dad bought me a cool dyno bike and I love it. One day I decided to go to the corner store and buy some baseball cards. I left my bike outside. I paid and went outside and some kid was riding away with my bike but him leaving a really messed up bike. I was looking for that the rest of the day and night with my dad but didn't find it. I was really devistated because my dad worked overtime for me to get that bike and it was stolen in less than a week. :( Now I'm sad.

had a cheap retail store mountain bike when I was in junior high that I road to school and delivered papers with. It wasn't "cool" to lock your bike up/or be riding a bike for that matter. Long story short I came out of school one day and the bike was gone, thought someone was playing a joke and hid it in some bushes or something, but nope it was gone.

Rode my moms collegiate for a few weeks to deliver papers until I found a schwinn predator at a garage sale down the street for 10 bucks, she was asking twenty but when I told her about my bike getting stolen she dropped the price in half :wink:

I replaced more tubes and tires on that thing than any other bike I can remember, I basically ran that schwinn into the ground but man was it quality. I think we eventually took it too the dump.

this was my first stolen bike...Mongoose with motomags, tufneck stem, full pads, Ashtabula cranks. The motomags were so heavy, I could start and stop no-handed. It was a tank, but it was my first non-Sears bike. (my dad worked/works for Sears) I went to Safeway to buy some milk for my mom and came out and the bike was gone. I was stunned. I ended up getting a KHS 10-speed while my sister was dating a guy that raced road bikes which got me hooked into the whole bike thing. I have been into bikes ever since.
102_2953_lg.jpg

jeff

Sadly, there is a website devoted only to postings regarding stolen bikes, from all over north america .http://www.theystolemybike.com/
I check it occasionally, just in case, you know? If you lost a bike recently, why not post it there.
Oh yeah, it's totally free too.
Hope this helps,
Rick

A few years ago I bought one of my buddies schwinn matt pohlkamp bmx frames. He was a factory AApro rider so all of his frames were custom length and dimensions. I had it sprayed orange with house of colors metalflake ( looked like a bass boat or some kind of disco nightmare) I kept it in my hatchback car so that I could go straight from work to the track. One day someone decided to bust my window out and steal my radio, they also decided to grab the bike as well. This was in the middle of the day, in a busy neighborhood. I miss that bike :cry:

necessaryevil said:
A few years ago I bought one of my buddies schwinn matt pohlkamp bmx frames. He was a factory AApro rider so all of his frames were custom length and dimensions. I had it sprayed orange with house of colors metalflake ( looked like a bass boat or some kind of disco nightmare) I kept it in my hatchback car so that I could go straight from work to the track. One day someone decided to bust my window out and steal my radio, they also decided to grab the bike as well. This was in the middle of the day, in a busy neighborhood. I miss that bike :cry:
i could NEVER imagine someone busting open a window to take a bike...out of a car

Back