Storage Issues...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the other evening, my 'ole lady busted my chops for "all those bikes taking up too much room in the garage!" :roll: So I finds this on Craigslist:
IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

Problem solved?? It "only" holds 6 bikes...But it's a start??? :mrgreen:

Markm said:
right on!! 8) 8) I need to find about 8 of those... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You and me both...more like 20.. :wink:

cman said:

Cool! I got mine for $30...But I had to drive an hour each way to get it! :roll: If anyone is thinking of buying one, be aware that it wasn't tall enough for my adult sized bikes...I had to drill extra holes to raise it up enough so that the wheels didn't rub against the bottom struts. They still do touch but not as bad as before...

I like my homeade special...
SUNP0006-2.jpg
SUNP0007-1.jpg
SUNP0008-1.jpg
Although, it's easier to just add a 2x4 to the ceiling in your shed or shop, and hang 'em up there like I did in my bike shed, back at my old house:
adamtinkererscollection2009.jpg
PS, I know some have asked for the dimensions of the mobile racks, and of course I forgot. When I built the 2nd rack, I had to remeasure the 1st one cause I never wrote down the #'s, I just improvised that one. ~Adam

DUDE! How cool! I might just have to try one of those myself!! :mrgreen: Do you loosen the gooseneck on 'em?

A while back we did something I swore I'd never do. Rented a storage unit. Pictured above are just some of our bikes. We've each still got several bikes at home to ride. Prior to moving some to storage the bikes were making it impossible to get vehicles in the garage and lawn and garden stuff from the shed. I tell myself this is temporary until I sort out what I want to get rid of but I know better. We've already increased the size of our unit once since we first got it and the garage is starting to fill up again.
04-2009_storage_unit-2.jpg

Do you loosen the gooseneck on 'em?
Yep, and remove the pedals, makes things much easier! Bike hooks are cheap at Home depot and WalMart, key is to predrill a hole first. They''ll split the wood otherwise. ~Adam

Back