STREET DIGGER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a new old build. some of you who have been here for awhile will remember Black Wicked form a couple of RRBO's back, can't remember which one, oh well my mind is old.lol. anyways I was hopeing to do this bike in the anything goes build off but that didn't start for whatever reason, and that's ok, so I am going ahead with the build anyways. so this is the bike I am doing and I started it today, taking all the stuff off and doing something different. I really like this bike but it needs a change and so do I.lol. ok, so here is a pic of it the way I finnish it and I'll post pic's of the build as I go along:

JWSMOCKUPBIKES223.jpg

stay tuned for STREET DIGGER :) the bike is a 1955 hawthrone, 24" and yes those are 26" wheels on it but not for long.

Outlaw 8)

Re: STREET DIGGER (MOCK UP)

here is some pic's of Digger as to what it will look like but I still have more to build before it's done. the black paint will not stay. I will be doing something different. enjoy and thanks for lookin. :)

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

Re: STREET DIGGER (MOCK UP)

got a bad virus in this thing so it has been to the shop to get repaired. here is some more mock up pic's. haven't done much more on it as it's been rainging here.

006-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

010.jpg

that's it for now. more to come.

Outlaw

Re: STREET DIGGER (MORE PIC'S OF MOCKUP))

Very cool!!!
Did you squeeze a 20x4 OCC rear tire onto a 20x2 rim????
I am digging this build!

yep,I did. that's a red line rim on there with a 14mm axel. lol. works good.

Outlaw 8)

thanks guys. still have some more things up my sleave to do. it's going to be a slow build as I am trying to get El Thunder done at the same time and since we are starting in our rain period who knows but I think I will be able to do more on this one so we will see, now if I can find another 4 in tire like the back I would put it on the front. anybody got one that they want to send me for free? so on with the build.

Outlaw 8)

hopefully it will be.lol

Outlaw 8)

got my seat post bent today. what a job. had to heat it up alot to bend it. it's really thick walled. thats about all I did today on it. han to go do some more work on El Thunder. thanks all for lookin.

Outlaw 8)

hmmm, lets see. if you are talking about the bike frame it will be ridget an if your talking about the seat it has springs on it. it's the same seat frame that was on wicked but with a new pan I made for it and that will be covered in black leather. hope that answers your ?. :wink:

Outlaw 8)

I was going to do some welding a couple of days ago. spent over 3 hrs to get the wire to stay feeding. just no luck. my buddy was out of town and he hae the reciet and the box so yesterday he was back and took it back to HF and they gave us a new one. we also got a 2yr warrenty just in case. so monday hopefuly I can do some welding and get back to EL THUNDER too. stay tuned for future mishaps.lol.

Outlaw 8)

alright, got the new welder and it works better then the other one so thats a good thing. :)
I kept looking at Digger and just didn't like the way the back end looked with the extensions so I marked inbetween the tubing and cut the rear end off and then I cut some tubing to fit and put it on. haven't weld em yet, still adjusting the height so the pedals won't hit the ground. it now looks so much better then the extensions. I took it out to 6in. longer. didn't have time tonite to take pic's so will do that tommorow and post em. thats it for now. stay tuned for some pic's, this bike looks soooo BA. lol.

Outlaw 8)

Re: STREET DIGGER (new pic's)now stretched

ok, got 4 new pic's that I am posting now, so wait till they are all here. thanks. I cut the back end off and added 6" to the rear. I think it looks alot better this way. I can also use my drop outs. woopie. so here they are:

092.jpg

094.jpg

095.jpg

098.jpg

well thats what I got done today and I also started to take off the black paint and get it ready to repaint. there is still alot of other stuff to build for it so this will be a slow build. thanks for looking, hope ya all like what ya see so far. 8)

Re: STREET DIGGER (new Pic's)now streached

doing a change up on Digger. one of the guys on here has a 20" OCC back wheel that I am getting from him so that will go on the front and I am going to put on a different fork, actually the original fork I had on it before. yep a little tweekin and it will fit just fine. welded a bracket just in front of the rear tire for a suicide rear brake. that is the lever you see on the tube with the scull on it. ya all thought I was goin to put on a shifter didn't ya. lol. nope. hand brake. yahoo. also I'll be making a tank for it. never done one but I think it will be easy. so there ya have it for today. thanks for lookin. later. :wink:

Outlaw 8)

Re: STREET DIGGER (new Pic's)now stretched

thanks. you'll like it even more when I make some more changes. lol. stay tuned for the new look. :shock:

Outlaw 8)

Latest posts

Back