SWB0 Sublime time

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Going to go with the sublime, most likely going to completely strip the bike, not sure of colour scheme but will leave the frame colour as is, I may go polished alloy or chrome, I may go black or I may paint parts, most likely a 1x 7 or 1x 8 gearing, I have no plan for direction, my shed is full and just scored more bikes, frames and a couple boxes of parts left under a tarpaulin, got a forest of a yard to hack down and mow + a house inspection around the corner soo brother is busy as hek, so no time for an all out intense build it will be an in-between other stuff build, and it's our summer too 28-30c
20240107_144704.jpg

I notice with my phone that when I take pictures sometimes and you see it go to the corner of your phone so you know you took it but when you go to pictures it's not in your photos file, I know it has to be a Samsung thing ( I hate Samsung but this one was cheap cos it had a cracked screen and needed to update my phone) annoying when your out and about and you think you got a cool pic only to find out it's not saved, anyway one pictures of the deraileur is the replacement barrel adjuster
20240125_154157.jpg
17061508366124518573632635018117.jpg

Last edited:
I notice with my phone that when I take pictures sometimes and you see it go to the corner of your phone so you know you took it but when you go to pictures it's not in your photos file, I know it has to be a Samsung thing ( I hate Samsung but this one was cheap cos it had a cracked screen and needed to update my phone) annoying when your out and about and you think you got a cool pic only to find out it's not saved
That's probably some Android thing, as it happens to me as well sometimes on my Motorola ...

That's probably some Android thing, as it happens to me as well sometimes on my Motorola ...
I've got an old and newish Huawei and never an issue but the old one is too slow and the new one doesn't support Google play thanks to that whole spying debacle so stuck with this but agree it will be an android thing

Yup simple design, for those that dont know they are inline levers so you can run a drop bar and drop bar levers and run the brake cable up and through the inline lever as well so you can run two rear and two front levers the purpose being you can use brakes on the flat bar part and in the drop position also

Quick update,I've been busy lately so not much done, the wheels are next on the list, I may go with the original wheels and clean them up or continue with the Araya V rims, and if you were wondering it is a ladies centered frame hence the sloping T tube but seems mostly moot in today's market, like the step through frame originally was marketed as a unisex design and then got marketed primarily as a ladies frame,funny how things go depending on one's perspective

Quick update,I've been busy lately so not much done, the wheels are next on the list, I may go with the original wheels and clean them up or continue with the Araya V rims, and if you were wondering it is a ladies centered frame hence the sloping T tube but seems mostly moot in today's market, like the step through frame originally was marketed as a unisex design and then got marketed primarily as a ladies frame,funny how things go depending on one's perspective
Luckily we have about one and a half month to go ;)

I scored an oldish road bike awhile ago stored it in my container,when I went to in yesterday I looked at the wheels which were Shimano RS wheels I thought that's the wheels I want and my white wall tyres would look mint on them so starting to clean the wheels now

This is turning out to be a nice and clean build, I'm enjoying building this bike as its a bit of a departure from the norm, just need to decide on the chainring size, I have a nice 52t but I know that's too tall even though it looks real nice, might have to go through my roadie parts, hopefully there's something between 39 and 42 tooth, that's the average small ring sizes I come across

Back