Sunday April 21st Simsbury, CT Bike Trail Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks ZL, Gary and I will be there with his Schwinn XL chopper and I with..... Haven't decided :?
The Phat bike (seen at Dudley "13) tightened up,dang 2 spd kb.And FireArrow too much of a racer.
The black Roadmaster (seen in New Haven(( now fendered)) going to Copake).Hmmm...rats...Stevil

Hi Stevil, according to NECN it’ll be in the mid-50’s with no rain on Sunday!

The BFK is ready, only needed some air in the tires; the back-up will be the LongBike.

Looking forward!

Looks like we are going to have a cool sunny day for our ride on Sunday; cool is good! :)

Young Nick ,I just don't know about Jim aka Knucklehead. I'll drop him a line friday after Copake.
I do hope you and your dad show up. Should be good time.Screw it ,Let's Ride!!

idiotboy said:
just noticed this post, is this ride open to anyone?

Hi idiotboy, you are welcome to join us; what do you ride?

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
^^ you know it! Join them (wish I could)
:(

So who's going for sure? I'm about 75% sure I can go...have to paint the bathroom this weekend.

Sorry guys, but I will be a no show. Hurt my hand pretty bad yesterday and my fingers are swollen. :cry: I'm not up for riding, Have fun.
Hopefully we can get together in the summer. :) Don't forget to take pics.

I’ll post pics soon.

We had a good turn-out; there were seven of us in total. We rode just under 28-miles from the Plan B to the Skybox were we pigged-out on burgers, fries, onion rings, wraps, beer, tonic water and some other liquid concoction!

There were some nice rides on this ride. 2 three-speed Schwinn OCC Stingrays, a classic cruiser that was nicely customized/resurrected by idiotboy, Stevil on his (?) (What are those things called again, Steve?), a recumbent, an original Manta Ray and my 7-speed BFK. Two were not able to complete the ride due to medical reasons, nothing serious.

We fought stiff headwinds and a slight uphill ride going to the Skybox, but it was all downhill w/mild tailwinds on the return ride back to the Plan B. Cool responses and comments from fellow cyclists’ and one good-natured but slightly inebriated dude commenting favorably about one of the OCC Stingrays!

The scenery was beautiful; the air at ride start was cold, but warmed-up perfectly at rides end.

Good times everybody, peace.

086-1_zps9d8eb203.jpg

087_zps7500bb3c.jpg

088_zps59775e72.jpg

089_zps8a245bff.jpg

090_zps37c43d90.jpg

091_zpse80d5144.jpg

092_zpsb3c98a14.jpg

093_zps9e3836bb.jpg

094_zps6730ec27.jpg

You guys were missed, but we have other rides planned for this season; including an all day Ride&Swim at Hampton Beach! :D

looking forward to meeting the "new guy".

Do we have a date yet for NoHo-EaHo-NoHo? That's a short-ish ride, approx. 13 miles round trip, but with more bar hopping after around NoHo. Needs to be on a hot summer night.

Back