Tetanus Shot Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was counting bikes needed for me and the family to take to the Midwest Bike Fest and realized I was one short. I threw my recently acquired Columbia together with some parts I had available that matched the look of the bike. :D
Running a pair of S-7 rims with a Bendix single red band wrapped in a set of Duro white walls. The fenders came off of the Western Flyer that I got with the Columbia. A Pearsons saddle tops it off.
I might come back later and hit the rust with some satin clear to preserve it as is.
Behold the Tetanus Shot
30blbh3.jpg

sq57yp.jpg

2wnpcmo.jpg

309kp6x.jpg

293k8yh.jpg

I got "lock jaw" just looking at it!...............NICE!

you turned a throw together into a future keeper! :D nice selection of aged parts too. :mrgreen: if you try the matte clear coat,do a small section first,as it can sometime leave a frosted finish that you can see! :wink:

I took the Tetanus Shot out this morning for a few pictures.
This is next to one of the Co-op's older grain bins
2lsbfvn.jpg

The Co-op has been painting a mural on the side of one of their barns for about 6 years and it's still not done. I never see anyone painting, but it grows slowly...
o6wjkh.jpg

And here it is posing with an old grain truck.
29tt35.jpg

Hey Cameron, your bike next to the old grain truck looks great, if it was in black & white you could pass it off as a 1950s picture.
I looked at my columbia code list and it put your bike between 2/52 and 10/52.

Don

When I got this bike, it was missing the head badge. So I started looking around for a Columbia badge. All of the ones I have seen have two rivet holes in a vertical line and my head tube has three vertical holes. This and the fact that my serial number fall between the ones on the list I have seen for Columbia leads me to think it wore a different badge. Any ideas on which name might have been on this bike originally? Is there a Columbia badge with three rivets? Or is it Columbia made for ???????

Here's a few more "old photos". Enjoy!
r.jpg

n.jpg

b.jpg

a.jpg

Sean

I believe the Hiway Patol was a Firestone badged bike built by Columbia or someone may have drilled a third hole.

Back