Thanks for the inspiration

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello!

I have been lurking here on and off for a long time. I mostly collect bikes from the 1890s to the 1940s although I have many later bikes also. I just have a passion for bicycles. All of my older bikes are stock, but I have done a lot of bolt on customizing on my newer bikes over the years. This site has inspired me to take some of my older unfinished projects and have some fun with them. I hope I can have half the creativity I have seen on here.

A few from my collection:

DSCF0082.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

welcome to the fun bro!
what an amazing collection!!
i love that shaft drive that things cool and not too common.
nice to see one that's in great shape and complete.
nice to see how technology on bicycling mimics motorcycles so much even back in the early days.
Sean

nice to see how technology on bicycling mimics motorcycles so much even back in the early days.
Sean

Thanks for the comments.

It is funny to me how there is very little new in technology for bicycles or motorcycles. There were fully suspended bikes, "Bio-Pace" chain rings, cut out saddles, etc all before 1900. Since motorcycles grew out of cycling, much of that technology carried over.

:) Newbie from the UK, welcome aboard my friend, love the "Raleigh Sports"

Raleigh knew how to build a bike back in the day. That thing rides great. I also have a Superbe with a locking fork, dyno front hub and self-adjusting brake levers that I am restoring.

Back