THAT "NOT SO FRIENDLY" SCHWINN FORUM STRIKES AGAIN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont get how that site even stays up? Of the very few post that I make on that site I have gotten nothing but attitude, misery and very narcissistic type people

My post read: WTB: NOS Sissy bar for 1973 Schwinn Stingray 5 Speed Fenderless. After a couple of email exchange questions and pictures of an obviously used sissy bar... One guys says "forget it, I dont have time for this, I asked you to be more precise"! How much more precise could I have been?

Next is a guy asking if "I would pay $100 for a used derailleur." Now, I am the first guy that will pay top dollar for something if I think it is worth it. I asked for pictures for which he sent. After assessing the pics I decided that $100 was to high. I simply said, no thank you. He responds by saying " why did you waste my time"?

Thank goodness we have this site! Thats all I have to say!!!!!

BankerRAt said:
Thank you. I never new that site existed!!!

I think a lot of people don't know about it. I will post something there and will get very little response. I have found the best results here, on any subject. I have had problems on the other Schwinn site too, bad attitudes.

I'm sorry, that really stinks. I am also very glad that this site is kept so clean and free of that crud (Thaks guys! :D ) because it's unnecessary and pointless to have bickering and drama like that. :roll: I'm glad I haven't used that forum myself yet... I thought about it, too, with the work on the Orange Krate and lots of parts to find.

Unchained said:
I'm sorry, that really stinks. I am also very glad that this site is kept so clean and free of that crud (Thaks guys! :D ) because it's unnecessary and pointless to have bickering and drama like that. :roll:

Maybe its cause we are junk collectors over here. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

At least here adults act like kids but then realize they are adults. Over there they bicker like brother and sister and the big bad admin (father figure) rules with the iron (delete) fist. It really gets a little borish. If I want to read about kids bickering all I have to do is ask my kids politely to argue with each other over some bit of minutae :cry: :?

Joe

I always thought about how interesting it is when you see a few (not all) of the vocal long time Scwhinn collectors on that site, who can't give advise or a positive word to the average Joe anymore. They will talk to each other on a message string, and ignore everybody else who is not "at their level :lol: " Pretty sad when you have people who can be so elitist about owning bike parts, try to ask a question about early banana seats or something similar, and be prepared to be ignored by the guys who probably have the answer. Of course you may get acknowledged when you praise their collection hard enough, but as for helpful input and discussion it seems beneath many of them, not all but many.

It's too bad that so many collectors on that site see themselves as Schwinn elite (Schwinn elite :? lol ), but are too greedy to share information or be helpful anymore. For many of them its about the " what I have :!: " instead of "how can I help you ? :D ".

How many polo seats does one have to have in a collection to be considered the top Schwienn :wink: ?

Dorian

Kids who had Schwinns in the 60's weren't snobs, but many went on to be, and you know where to find them.

ah heck, keep posting pic's of your chopped up/ratted out schwinn's and watch thier blood boil. :)
67 stingray deluxe, fully restored! lol
IMG_0886-2.jpg

Dorian said, "How many polo seats does one have to have in a collection to be considered the top Schwienn" ?
Shouldn't that have been top Shwienner? :lol:

icyuod2 said:
ah h***, keep posting pic's of your chopped up/ratted out schwinn's and watch thier blood boil. :)
IMG_0886-2.jpg

I'm sorta new here, so I've never seen that bike before. THAT ROCKS!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Randy

that bike is sick and yea i bet that would piss a few of them off. i am done with that site and the way they will rip a bike apart telling you everything that is wrong about it rather than just saying nice bike. whhhhaaaaaattttt eeevvvveeerrrrr!!!

Ok so I'm highly infected with travel at the moment ....but if I was to have the same problem that yall are having I would follow the hard and fast rule that Schwinn's ain't all that,and if you have a collection thats Schwinn Free It will save you alot of aggravation. They are just like Harley Davidson people in that there is only one bike in the world, and any piece of junk part I have with Schwinn on it makes it worth alot....sold my Harley too. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . So save your ruffeled feathers it just my opinion and probably not worth much. :roll: see ya.

randfink said:
icyuod2 said:
ah h***, keep posting pic's of your chopped up/ratted out schwinn's and watch thier blood boil. :)
IMG_0886-2.jpg

I'm sorta new here, so I've never seen that bike before. THAT ROCKS!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Randy
sold that to a friend, he threw some cash at it and when i was finished it looked like this.

IMG_1662-1.jpg

THE SCHWINN FORUM SUCKS,,,,,I HAVE A BIKE SHOP I HAVE OVER 125 KRATE BIKES ,,,TONS OF STUFF,,,,,I THOUGHT WOW WHAT A GREAT SITE,,THE SCHWINN FORUM BASHES MANY PEOPLE,,ABOUT 5 OR 8 PEOPLE ON THAT SITE BASH EBAY SELLERS ,,,THEY ARE EBAY SELLERS ALSO ,,BUT THEY WONT IT ALL,,,SCHWINN FORUM IS FOR LITTLE GIRLS,,I HAVE BEEN SAYING THAT FOR YEARS,,,,,TO BAD FOR SCHWINN,,,

You have 125 krates and I'm sure a multitude of many other schwinn bikes and parts, but your ads are vague at best and your prices are extremely high. This is why you get "bashed". I am not for one minute attempting to cast aspersions on you or your character, as I have not had the pleasure of making your aquaintance and do not know you personally.And yes, there are some truly rude dudes on that site to be sure. But a ruthless profiteer will bring sneers and jeers, and this is how your auctions portray you to be.Lets face it, people love to boo and hiss at the bad guys.In not displaying the knowledge you surely must have(due to your large collections) you have portrayed yourself to be less than a stand up guy!I wish I could say JMO, but these very sentiments have been expressed many times by many more than the number you claim! Not bashing you dude, just tying to shed some light. It obviously bothers you ,so a little info. might help you to do some damage control. :wink: Later & PEACE!!!!

Back