The… needs a new name

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
1710035039958.png

I’ve been asked to whip out a show bike to compliment some show cars, and time is a bit of an issue because this bike has a date for a show or two. So, I’ve been conceptualizing this bike and starting to pull in parts.
It’s a Huffy Rail. It’ll have a Twin Stick 5 speed shifter, and it’ll be black with some charcoal grey.

This is the frame.
DE4CAA8B-20B5-4296-8619-9A786A85B7CC.jpeg

It’ll need modifications to the rear triangle to accommodate a disc brake and 3.0 wide slick.

This is a solid stack
3F15B910-B4A0-4616-A6FE-324E97B99C82.jpeg

This one has some challenging body issues with dents and such. I’ll get started on it right away. There’s going to be some hefty artwork on it by a local in stripe artist.

These are the custom Goat Horn bars made by our own @deven_science .
0AAA581B-944F-400B-96C0-5AA9FBCF66B4.jpeg

These are the valve caps, which I am geeking out at how cool they look in person!
0879E0FF-3782-440B-A436-B682443BE770.jpeg

Lots of work to come. Stay tuned.

Learned that my client is a preacher. So… maybe a show bike with the Grim Reaper prominently displayed is not the theme he’d want. It has to be black and charcoal… lots of cool stuff… but….

Hmmmmm

The 'twin-reaper' is such a great motif for a build; that will have to get done at some point. Not sure where you'll take this one but you've always got really cool ideas.

I got to check out CRASH's projects in person the other day when I picked up a couple of bikes he was holding for me. Some very cool stuff going on in that shop! I was there for the unboxing of the donor bike for this project. Also got to poach some parts from the stash that aren't needed for the current builds. Thanks again, man, and really looking forward to this build!

What kind of show cars are you complimenting with this build? Does the preacher want a religious theme?

He hasn’t asked for a name, or a theme, only a color combo and cool accessories.

This bike will compliment a few of his darker cars:
-2024 Z06 better with a midnight carbon paint. (Which is the black I’m going to use)
-1981 Camaro Z28 with Charcoal Iridium (the charcoal I’m going to use)
- and he showed me a ‘72 GMC Sierra

I just started spit balling some names…

Dark Horse
Special Dark
Twin Midnight
Midnight dark
Pitch Black
Twin Darkness
Dark Times
Dark smoke
Black ice

Love the ideas and the bars!

I'm in the name train:
  • Nighthawk (inspired by the F117 Stealth plane)
  • Shillelagh (pronunciation: She-Lay-Leigh (or at least that is how I think Americans would say it ;) )) its an Irish fighting stick with black soot on it.
  • Blackthorn (Going on about the Shillelagh theme)
  • Smoke cycles
  • Black oxide (its a coating for steel)
  • Charmander :rofl:
  • Black Mamba
  • Black Snake Moan (That's a movie, a good one though)
  • Tarpit

Cringe Hangover GIF

Latest posts

Back