"The Cat Snatcher" -a name that won't get me banned :o)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sittin' in my beanbag, nekked, eatin' Cheetos
New member, new to bike building, late starter and hope to be an early finisher.

I'm going to throw another 20 incher into the buildoff fray.

Bought it on eBay here in Oz, advertised as a vintage BMX, but I'm not sure exactly what it is.
20pw000.jpg

Bought a cheapy department store kids bike for parts, worth every cent of the $1 I paid... aparently ridden twice. It had a nice set of metalic pink wheels.... I know, I know.... but they actually started the ideas flowing.
When I tried to think of something cool AND pink, I found my theme for the bike:

This sort of explains the topic title :? Any suggestions for an appropriate title appreciated.

Headbadge turned out to be painted aluminium
20pw001.jpg

Stripped it, polished it and painted it with nailpolish (use them for another hobby of mine)
20pw002.jpg

Turned out ok.

Took the powertools to the frame and an old 24" front fork, did a bit of grinding on the conversion bar to make it fit the frame a bit better, and that's all for now.
20pw003.jpg

Next step is dunking it in oxalic acid bath to get rid of the remaining rust.

Thanks for looking.
Oz.

Need a name that won't get me banned :eek:)

Well let me be one of the first to welcome you to the forum and the Build Off! That is a cool looking & different frame for sure. Now I assume the truck in the picture is used for "Kitty Cat Rescue"..... Riiiight??

Again, welcome and have fun building something cool and unique!

Re: Need a name that won't get me banned :eek:)

Critter1 said:
Well let me be one of the first to welcome you to the forum and the Build Off! That is a cool looking & different frame for sure. Now I assume the truck in the picture is used for "Kitty Cat Rescue"..... Riiiight??
Again, welcome and have fun building something cool and unique!

Thanks.... glad to be onboard.

Well... the truck is one of the stars of the "Kill Bill 1" movie, and I don't recall many kitty cats being rescued in that movie :lol:

The James Bond movie Goldfinger in the early 60's had a bond girl named ..... Galore. It could be a spy bike!

Welcome to the Jungle!! Nice bike,great concept, great start. The Taco Wagon, Bush(the band),Sink the Pink. Ya don't need no stinkin' name -Get Ta Buildin'!! Peace. I will be :shock: you!

Welcome to the build. The rookie has to send a bag of Cadbury Crunchies to every Build Off member.

How about Pink Torpedo from Spinal Tap's "Big Bottom"?

Welcome! You've got my gears turning trying to come up with a name. Ive got a couple that come to mind but I'll PM them to you.

ted_nugent_cat_scratch_fever.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Hey B! That album took me back to my Navy days! 17 years old a 125 pounds soak and wet. Haha

How about
Pretty 'N' Punk

bratz-wallpaper-027.jpg

Rat Rod said:
Ted Nugent for president.

+1

kingfish254 said:
How about
Pretty 'N' Punk

bratz-wallpaper-027.jpg

Uh, the only thing more offensive to rock and roll than this image would be Justin Bieber in a New York Dolls t-shirt. If my son were not napping right now I would blast some T.Rex to scrub my brain clean. :x :x :x

Cool frame! I like the wheels and the fork.

LOL, you're welcome Ape, I agree completely.

I had posted this on Peatbog's build as a gag, and thought it would work well over here as a gag too.

BTW, I heard that Justin and Taylor Swift are doing a remake of Sid and Nancy!!!! :p

Jake Sensi said:
Welcome to the Jungle!! Nice bike,great concept, great start. The Taco Wagon, Bush(the band),Sink the Pink. Ya don't need no stinkin' name -Get Ta Buildin'!! Peace. I will be :shock: you!
Jake; you owe me a keyboard.... :p

I nominate that one.... 8)

man those PINK wheels really POP out at ya!! I would think of name that fits them too...like "Elvis" with his pink Cadillacs. :lol: "love me tender" or Heatbreak Hotel" :lol: :lol: unless you want to go more 90's rock like "Butthole Surfers" or "Cherry Popping Daddies" or "Hole" even. Those may get you banned though.
So like Jake said "Welcome to the Jungle"! That reminds me of another GnR title.. "Rocket Queen" :wink:
Looks like it will make a super unique build for sure! Rock It!!!

Cat Snatcher

Thanks for all the suggestions for a name for this build, guys.
I am going to keep it as close to the spirit of the Tarrantino truck as I can, so Kingfish254 wins a
crunchiebar.jpg
for his PM submitted suggestion "Cat Snatcher"

Bought some old bits for it yesterday, progress will take place.

Oz

Cool, I WIN!!!!
Actually I will be getting a special delivery of Crunchies from Oz next week.
One of my team mates from there is bringing them to our team meeting here in the US.
I think he has two bags of them for me. MMMMM Good stuff!!!!

Now that you have a name, you know what ya gotta do don'tcha????????

Stop bunny footin' around and
GIT TA BUILDIN' !!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back