"The Cat Snatcher" -a name that won't get me banned :o)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I jumped in late last year to Good luck hope you win.

You have much more time than I had last year.
I started just 30 days before the deadline.

U CAN DOOO EEEETT!!!

kingfish254 said:
Cool, I WIN!!!!
Actually I will be getting a special delivery of Crunchies from Oz next week.

So... you don't want my crunchie?

PeterBuilt said:
I jumped in late last year to Good luck hope you win.

Thanks, but there is no chance of winning, just in it for the fun.

kingfish254 said:
You have much more time than I had last year.
I started just 30 days before the deadline.
U CAN DOOO EEEETT!!!

Not much more time.... on July 18 I'll be on a plane to NYC, and before then, I'll be crazy busy at work, we have an engagement party for my daughter, have to build/finish a bunch of Kustom 1/64 scale diecast cars for a Kustom competition at the "Magical weekend of cars" convention in LA in August.... AND I'll have to find time to say "Hi" to my wife once in a while too.

But the Cat Snatcher WILL get built!

So... anyone suggest any cool bike shops near Anaheim where I can stock up on cool bike parts at 1/3 the price they are here in Oz?
There will be springer forks and banana seats in my future :D

Peatbog said:
Nice paint on the headbadge. That looks cool.

I have a HUGE nail polish collection :lol:

OzBroz said:
kingfish254 said:
Cool, I WIN!!!!
Actually I will be getting a special delivery of Crunchies from Oz next week.

So... you don't want my crunchie?

I never turn down a Crunchie. But figured you didn't want to mail it from Oz.

OzBroz said:
kingfish254 said:
I never turn down a Crunchie. But figured you didn't want to mail it from Oz.

I'll smuggle one out of Oz and mail it from LA.

Cool, PMed my address.
Safe Travels!

Re: Need a name that won't get me banned :eek:)

kingfish254 said:
How about Pink Torpedo from Spinal Tap's "Big Bottom"?

any fan of spinal tap is a friend of mine 8)

.... this weather... down here in the southern hemisphere it's winter, hitting freezing temps overnight... right now it's 4 C/40 F ...AND ... a few hours ago there was a 5.2 earthquake 50 Miles form my house.
Anyways, it's waaaay too cold and wet to paint, so I have been working on making some not-very-shiny bits more shiny.
Mixed up a bucket of rust-eating oxalic acid and gave some parts a bath:
20pw004.jpg

20pw005.jpg

I'm new to bike building and haven't got a whole heap of parts, and I didn't have any 9/16 pedals, so i went to a shop near my work called "bicycle recycle" to get some. Didn't really like any of the new pedals they had hanging on the wall, and I definitely didn't like the prices either, so I asked if they had used ones, and was shown a box with half a dozen sets of old pedals, I grabbed a set of old alloy road racers with the toe cage and leather strap.

While the chrome bits were de-rusting in the bucket, I pulled the pedals apart, gave them a quick polish, replaced the racer stuff with a 2nd reflector, cleaned and greased the axles/bearings and re-assembled them. Turned out quite nice.

After the chrome bits had finished in the bath, I gave them a quick wipe with some Autosol metal polish, and it all ended up looing like this:
20pw006.jpg

The crank bearing caps were too far gone, so they will end up painted pink. The other bits turned out pretty good for the state they were in, but I have changed my mind on the bars, I'll used a different style.
Apart from taking the grinder to the front fork to get the axle to fit, that's all for now.

Oneuglybike said:
From one newbie to another, looking pretty good! Can you just dump that acid stuff down the drain? :?:

Yes, it's mild, but I prefer to pour mine out in the yard instead.

The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

Dang... here I was thinking that I could quietly slip onto page 4 without anyone noticing.

Very little progress with the bike ( more progress with other stuff I have to do )

Cleaned up a cruiser bar, sprayed a little primer and done some research into etching a badge.... no pics.

Oh.... and my bunny says....
badassbun.jpg

"Your bunnies look.....SOFT!"

Peatbog said:
Uh oh, looks like there might be a rumble.

I have backup.

WP_002160.jpg

Come on buddy!!!
Give the guy that gave you a name to use a decent update!!!!!

Bad news - I'll have to bow out of the buildoff.
tearful_sad_bunny_rabbit_blank_greeting_card-p137244983353810171b26lp_400.jpg

Bike is in my shead and I am in New York, 10000 miles apart, and I will not be back home until late August so i will not make the buildoff deadline.
If the Catsnatcher can be moved to the regular build threads, I'll keep it going there.

In the long run it may end up a better build as I hope to find some bikeshops in LA and buy some cool parts I can't get in Oz (or stuff that is just stupid expensive in Oz).

It will still be fun watching from the sidelines.

Sorry to see you leave the mix man.
Glad that you do plan to keep on whith it when you get back home.
Have fun in the States!

Latest posts

Back