TRADITIONAL The Crusty Rust Rocket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will start with this Volume Destroyer fix gear frame. the basic plane for now a High speed street demon. the plain may be subject to change. once build gets under way and parts start to get found/ bought. the parts might start speaking to me begging to go a different way. we shale see.🤔

Attachments

• DSC04613.JPG
    DSC04613.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 3
  • DSC04614.JPG
    DSC04614.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 0
it all started when a friend at work asked. if I could build him a fast big tall bike. he scene my chrome fix gear. I some times ride to work. ya I may have a frame for some one your size. so scenic / link it to build off at same time. to help motivate me to get it going.

no clue if I go full on track bike looking racer or lean to fix gear freestyle bike type build.
fuji-feather-388285-12.jpg

shopping

all I know is he wants hand brakes. not lock up rear wheel to stop. other than that he said do what ever you think would be cool.

Good to see you jump in the fun this year.
Pedal on.

RaT oN Slow-R! Looking forward to it!

no clue if I go full on track bike looking racer or lean to fix gear freestyle bike type build.
For some reason, the simple track bike style appeals to me more, and I don't even like drop bars. I am philosophically opposed to the entire idea of fixie hubs, but absolutely love singlespeed

dug threw the spar parts boxes and swung by the local swap meet to grab some low cost tubes.
and tires. just need to buy rim strips and I can start mocking it up. huffy seat may haft to go. not very speed rocket shaped..
DSC04624.JPG

Attachments

• DSC04624.JPG
    DSC04624.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC04597.JPG
    DSC04597.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC04598.JPG
    DSC04598.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC04344.JPG
    DSC04344.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ok found bars and a stem I can live with. the stems a little to nice for this fugly rust frame. but so is the cranks. when paint on bars and forks are done. chrome did not feel wright on this build. but size was near perfect. so will paint over the bars chromes shot. but not enough to fit wright. stay toned might be a rider to day! ☺ just waiting for bike shop to open up. need bearings and waiting on paint to dry.

stay toned might be a rider to day! ☺ just waiting for bike shop to open up. need bearings and waiting on paint to dry.
First ride in less than a week?

Slow-Rider, i.e. fast builder.:bigsmile:

First ride in less than a week?

Slow-Rider, i.e. fast builder.:bigsmile:
well still time to hate something on it and halve to hunt for other parts. will not know till I throw it all to gather an have a look. what's in my head might not rock when applied to bike.. plenty of time to dial the look and ride in.

Attachments

• DSC04630.JPG
    DSC04630.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC04629.JPG
    DSC04629.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You should try using the FULL IMAGE feature when you insert your pics, that way people see more than just the thumbnail and don't have to click to embiggen them.

Much better! Looking good.

Back