$$$$ The H Bomb $$$$$ Almost done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just kidding Joe. Ok this is my real project . A some year ,old Hawthorne...not the 5 bar yet. Tried all differant wheels....chrome...black alloy....red ... The red looked the best. The problem is I laced a wheel and tried to save it. Thought it would pass...got a big flat dent messup. So I'm painting a replacement. Really makes a differance in the look of a bike as to what color rims you use. Well I'm moving along with this one and am already excited about the next one.....More later. :wink:

thehbomb001.jpg

thehbomb003.jpg

Re: $$$$ The H Bomb $$$$$

That color looks GREAT............One question.....Do you EVER sleep! :lol:

hey Mark the red really looks better than the pics. My shop is getting smaller by the minute. got several projects ongoing. Am figuring out how to repair 3 speed nexus hubs ...so there are some of them apart...still building wheels...they are everywhere...then the bike im building.
And yes kota I do sleep but with no job the time varies. I will spoke and true wheels at 3 or 4 in the morning and then maybe sleep from 5:30 till 9 . then sometime during the day is my favorite ....NAPTIME. Made two rules when I retired two and a half years ago...If I'm hungry I eat and If I'm tired I sleep. Has worked out real well so far. :shock: :shock:

Uncle Stretch said:
Made two rules when I retired two and a half years ago...If I'm hungry I eat and If I'm tired I sleep. Has worked out real well so far. :shock: :shock:

Man...I think that's called Heaven. :lol:

Those are good rules. If only I could figure how to take a nap at work.

I like the all white and black but the red looks sharp too.

sensor said:
looks great! i know you probably wont go with this but...id leave the wheels mismatched...it works

My wife has very little input on things other that when I build something I go get her and let her put her two cents in on my project. She would try and have me commited if I wanted to leave a black and red rim on there. Besides the front one is the one that is messed up. She looked at the black rim and said oh no has to be red. I told her the problem and she said just lace a couple more rims ...were you doing anything else anyway? I guess she is right. :cry: :cry:

Clancy its not all good....You never know what day it is ...or month. People tell you to have a good weekend and you dont care. :wink:
Thanks all....the columbia is suppose to get here today . Im excited about another bike. :lol: Lets see orange....maybe yellow...hummmm I'm running out of colors....

Uncle Stretch said:
Clancy its not all good....You never know what day it is ...or month. People tell you to have a good weekend and you dont care. :wink:

I love being that way. Sadly I experience it about once a year on my week long elk hunt in the Frank Church Wilderness.

Its fun to live in another world where you are completely out of step with everybody. Hummm elk hunt ...now that sounds fun.

Ok got a new rim painted and laced. Noticed once I took it out of the stand it messed up my paint a little. The ol Park will do that to fresh paint. Probably would have gotten alot farther but had to spend time with the phone/internet repairman. He didnt have a clue on how to fix it. Oh well. :cry:

4001.jpg

4004.jpg

Looks good. Reminds of the joke that starts out "what is black, white and red...."

I see you have a new kickstand. No more rebar?

That is one classy looking bike!

Back