$$$$ The H Bomb $$$$$ Almost done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: $$$$ The H Bomb $$$$$

I hope somebody will. I will run all the ones I have built plus the next two on cl as soon as it warms up :shock:

It would look really cool with a set of Felt Quick Brick white walls.

Of course, there'd be no profit left, but...

you got a beauty there paul! :D great combination of colors and parts! can`t stop staring at the front end. the whole fork,headlight,fender,rim combo is on the money! :mrgreen: how long do you normally let the paint cure,before your able to put it in the stand,without messing up the paint? went and sold both my girl bikes,last month.now i have a new girlfriend,so i`m building her a `37 hawthorne,and i want it to turn out right! :D

Its really according to the color John. If its red or green or black I can put it in there in about 2 or 3 days. If you notice in most of my pictues I put the crank housing/stay in my vice till it dries. This stupid off white by Rustolem goes on real thick and covers a lot of small pits ,but it takes forever to dry. I sprayed this one probably a week ago and it still messed it up some. Looks great on wheels. We havent had the hot weather to cook it on like normal....hummm its winter ha ha. The fenders are from wald i think and man they have the best black paint job I have seen. I'm out of them for a while so Ill probably get a few sets of chrome ones need to vary the look on these next couple builds. Got about three or four more to do. Then I should have 7 or 8 finished.

Well some more done. Still need to fix a paint messup where my parks ate the paint and recover the seat...small tear...and paint the rack and the chainguard . Its starting to look like a bike. Man cleaning the skiptooth chain is a pain. Wish new ones were cheap :cry: :cry:

6002.jpg

6003.jpg

6001.jpg

Hey Mark your the first one that noticed. I had the forks painted lime green at first and that is when I painted the seatpost clamp. Decided the lime green wouldnt go with red rims at all so ...... I just havent painted the clamp yet :lol:

It was really something I needed to fix but I may leave it. I just got a headup from a friend on a guy that beadblasts ,so ill be getting with him tomorrow and have the rack and the chainguard beadblasted. Will save alot of work and let me get my nasty shop cleaned. Glad everybody has liked this one so far. :lol:

Back