The Hepkat * I'm back!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished removing paint from the rear fender and the chain guard then did the mock up before priming.

Bike 16.jpg

Bike 17.jpg

Bike 18.jpg

Last edited:
After looking at it for about an hour something didn't look right. I went in the house and stole the bent springer off from Agent Orange. Bingo! That's what was missing. I like the stance much better but I need to get a slightly shorter crank. The new white walls and white pedals should be in today.

Bike 19.jpg

Last edited:
I had more to do on the bike than I thought over the weekend so I didn't get the primer on, but I'm not known for rushing things just to get it done. I'll be out of commission for the rest of the week so I'm hoping to get some primer on it next weekend.

Looking good! Love it with the bent springer!

Luke.
Thanks Luke. I came across a slight problem with using a springer on this bike. I've tried three different types of Springers and they all hit the tank to the point where I really can't turn the bike without denting the tank. I'm thinking I need to go back to the original forks. I'll figure it out this weekend.

Thanks Luke. I came across a slight problem with using a springer on this bike. I've tried three different types of Springers and they all hit the tank to the point where I really can't turn the bike without denting the tank. I'm thinking I need to go back to the original forks. I'll figure it out this weekend.

Ooooooorrr... you could just sell me the tank!:cool2:;)
-Kreep-

I'm going to run a side mount tail light with a license plate. Here's the original 1963 Honolulu plate I picked up.

Bike 21.jpg

Last edited:
It was like Christmas when I got home from work yesterday. Opened up the mailbox to find my new coke bottle grips from Ian, then when I reached the front door there were 3 more boxes. One box had a chromed 1941 Columbia fork and one had a re-pro art deco Columbia chain guard and the other had tires and pedals. Oh man these are going to look great on the Hepcat!!

Bike 22.jpg

Bike 20.jpg

Last edited:
If you haven't bought a set of grips from Ian, (ifitsfreeitsforme) you're missing out! These grips are very cool. Some of the most comfortable grips ever. I will definitely buy more of these. Thanks Ian for the quick shipping and awesome grips.

Bike 23.jpg

Last edited:
Went for a little test ride over the weekend. The bike rides smooth! Except for the new chain guard, I have all the new parts on it now, the white walls, white pedals, ape hangers, crank, white and silver seat plus the Coke bottle grips. I still need to shim the rear fender so it fits tighter to the tire and I need to make some brackets for the new chain guard. Other than making a bracket for the tail light/license plate I'll be ready for paint. Can't wait.
Bike 24.jpg
Bike 25.jpg

Last edited:
I can't say this enough, get some of these grips from Ian, (ifitsfreeitsforme)!! These Coke bottle grips are by far the most comfortable grips I've ever used. They are much thicker and softer than any other grips that I've used before too. From now on, any bike I build will have these grips on them.

Bike 47.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Luke. It's been a little slow going lately since I've been out of commission for the last month with a back injury. But, this bike won't finish itself so I'm working thru the pain and enjoying every moment of it.

Back