The Hometown Hero

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I scored this bike a while ago for my wife. I will be building it in the 60's B-movie space theme. Not to take away from my Rocketeer build, but this is gonna be rockets, meets late 50's diner/ice cream shop, meets "A fire in the sky"
DSCF1397.jpg

Re: Martian Girl from Planet V

Woo Hoo! A second girls bike! I think you and I may have the only 2 in the contest. I'm going for a 50s theme as well but mine is more 50s picnic theme. Love where you're going as I'm a big fan of diners and cheesy B films lol.

Re: Martian Girl from Planet V

threw on a Western Flyer rack and rear fender and some straight WP forks, as you can see in the first pic, those things were just a wee bit bent in. Oh.....and that fender was completely surface rusted across the entire thing.......much more shiny now! :D waiting on my led light and butt-connectors to make install a 9v light in the rear.
DSCF1459.jpg

Re: Martian Girl from Planet V*change in build*

so due to financial issues, I gotta change my project to something a little less costly. I am going to do a tribute to my good friend who just got back from Iraq after he already served 3 previous tours of Afghanistan. My buddy is a huge fan of movies like Kill Bill, Inglorious ........ and horro movies much like myself and is the wackiest dude I've ever met. I am going for an early military bike type feel but throwing in some wierd touches as if Pee-wee herman was in the military in WW1 AND WW2. My buddy I sold my knee hinge springer to ended up selling me the bike he was going to use them on so now I have those to use as well as some parts he had for the bike. I will post pics up shortly of my start. Here is my inspiration:
armybike.jpg

bestbike.jpg

bike.jpg

Re: Martian Girl from Planet V*change in build* name pending

Here's the frame I'm starting with with the wheels and chainlink tires I had lying around
DSCF1011.jpg

I am using some of these parts I gathered up from some trades
DSCF1005.jpg

then installed my springer and some cranks I had lying around and some old unknown pedals
DSCF1015.jpg
and I got some awesome ideas for handlebars

those chain link tires are 2 cool.
i have a set here in fantastic condition (uniroyal-chain link tread) but there so hard the tires actually turn on the rim. after a few rides the valve stems are usually bent right over touching the rim.

ever have this issue with yours?

icyuod2 said:
those chain link tires are 2 cool.
i have a set here in fantastic condition (uniroyal-chain link tread) but there so hard the tires actually turn on the rim. after a few rides the valve stems are usually bent right over touching the rim.

ever have this issue with yours?
mine are exactly the same, Uniroyal chainlink, and mine were a little hard, but I took an old towel, or something that can hold fluid fairly well and soaked the towel in WD-40 then cleaned them/ coated and let them sit. They looked brand new and were actually a little softer. They never spinned in the rim though.

Re: *name pending*

I am trying to decided on a name and found a few to suit what I was doing. Any picks?
-The Warhawk
-Weapon of Mass Deception (my fav)
-Apocalypse How?

.......I will post recent pics in the next day or 2.

Hometown Hero

here is the current state of the "Hometown Hero" as I am gonna call it. Still got some more updates til it's done
DSCF1069.jpg

Latest posts

Back