The Lead Sled

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the forks back from being sandblasted & put some of it together. As of right now I think I'm going with bare medal clear coated with colored rims & some matching scallops.
P1270001.jpg

yeah! you should get some sparkle grips to match whatever color you paint the wheel and scallops. maybe even the seat too. maybe a 26" banana seat. 8)

oh man to continue the fender will be beautiful .. cant wait im like a kid on christmas eve . this is going to be a awesome build .
i know this isnt the rt you want to take but just wondering have you ever seen the sanded flames on bare metal on hot rods . they sand flames into the metal so its like a ghost effect . its very interesting

very purdy i like shinny stuff some of my friends think i am like a moth attracted to a light bulb with shinny stuff. glad to see raw polished metal being done as a color it has a lot of character and is about as basic of a color as you can get, nothing to hide!!

HotRodJen said:
rusty513 said:
That's an awesome idea!!!!!!!! Maybe I'll mask off around the scallop designs & sand it.
want to see a truck with flames done like that ?

you should ask Karfer about his truck! he has flames sanded down on bare metal! it looks siiiick!

Keoki_D said:
HotRodJen said:
rusty513 said:
That's an awesome idea!!!!!!!! Maybe I'll mask off around the scallop designs & sand it.
want to see a truck with flames done like that ?

you should ask Karfer about his truck! he has flames sanded down on bare metal! it looks siiiick!
it might be the same person ... do they go to the jalopy showdown in pa?

you should ask Karfer about his truck! he has flames sanded down on bare metal! it looks siiiick![/quote]
it might be the same person ... do they go to the jalopy showdown in pa?[/quote]

nah, he's in sacramento......he grinded down his roof to bare metal, then cleared it and grinded it again after masking off the flames........maybe not in that order but you get the idea! hahaha. anyways it is siiiiiickk and if this bike gets scallops that same way it'll be meeeaaaannnnnn!

this looks great and adding scallops and coloured rims is a good idea too. maybe you have a pinstriper at hand who can lay down some lines (not too much, I'd say).
can't wait to see the finished bike!

dude karfer that is freakin amazingly BA dude. that looks so awesome!

and dude rusty! this bike looks awesome! im glad you went with the bare metal choice. it will look equally BA as well. lol nice rides fellas!

Easy E

Back