THE LEMON STING

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
A friend of mine, Jim McSweeney....aka Queasy Rider on RRB built this super cool Schwinn Sting-Ray chopper called "Lemon Sting." He decided it was time to let it go so now I'm the proud owner.

Jim built many of these back in the 60s as a kid and still builds them today. He takes a girls Sting-Ray frame and chops off the head tube, flips it upside down, welds it onto a boys Sting-Ray frame and this gives him the rake he needs for a chopper. It also gives him a longer neck tube which gives him the ability to run a 26" fork steer tube.

He then scrapes together whatever tubing he's got around to make the fork leg extensions. What he ends up with is a really cool little chopper that is fun to ride once you get the hang of it.

lemonsting_1600.jpg

SWEET!

I see you dropped the seat for the girls! Steve when you get good at riding that, we should get the two brothers back together and go cruising! Now if we could find about 4 guys with the old school choppers, I would feel like I were back home lookin' Kool with the gang!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437961696.403757.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve, I'm so glad that I told you to come pick it up. I rebuilt it to be used. Love the video.. Both my sons learned quick that straight was the easy part. Gotta plan those turns a little ahead of time. Ike turning a Semi around! I heard Lemon Sting crying last night the whole way from McKinney "What happened to my AC?"

Ha Ha...yeah, definitely toasty in my garage now. :21:

This daughter of mine is pretty persistent. She kept on trying until she got it going and then kept riding until it started to get dark. She was annoyed when I told her it was time to put it up for the night.

As soon as I can get back to riding, ask if I can come over and ride together.

Back