The Mad Plaidr! Update 5/24 Everything but the bag pipes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Mad Plaidr! Update 5/14 Laced rear wheel!

Diabolical_Dork said:
Lookin good man. Nice chatting with ya today.
Thanks, love your builds full suspension!It was nice talkin with ya the other day too!

Re: The Mad Plaidr! Update 5/19 Suicide shifter!

So the video of the shifter didn't work out... so here is a few photo's of attempt number uno.
0678cf03.jpg

dad6e996.jpg

I wouldn't say to bad for a cheap box of hose clamps and a bent aluminum piece!
Here is a mock up of some handle bar ideas
70680c33.jpg

and then a mock up with the tank and everything on...
c15a489b.jpg

Re: The Mad Plaidr! Update 5/21 Mock up Pics

ive been sayin' since the 80s "plaid is rad".
for 25 years people just look at me like i'm a goof, but i think you get it 8)
yeah, i was a punk rock skateboarder :p

You definitely have a true dat true rat vibe with this build. Sharp and rusty!

You are going need to change your avatar and name to Rat Roddy Piper.

And start cranking up some Bay City Rollers.

Thanks it is just something about plaid that tickles my fancy! This plaid thing turned out to be a good idea! it all started with a rusty seat I reupholstered! I really had no direction or theme for this bike, so if it looks pieced together... it's because it is! But hey, isn't that ratting! haha I am not using that white S7 rim on the front either I am waiting for some stainless steel spokes to come my way so I can give her a Sturmey Archer front drum brake! And then that seat has to have a bent seat post and those bars gotta go back upside down, sometimes you just gotta sacrifice comfort for looks! :mrgreen:

Sad news... no suicide shifter :( butttt! I got this cool slap shifter I brought back to life with a bearing, a screw and some washers!
01621375.jpg

c6f86c60.jpg

I got these awesome fenders also!
bd130bfb.jpg

And the kilt on the sprocket :mrgreen:
56247d8d.jpg

4e78c302.jpg

Love the new shifter!!
Hey, if you aren't going to use that Spaceliner crank cover, they are selling for $20-30 on the bay.

looking good :shock: Love that shifter as well :shock: :shock:

so bumping backwards switches between 1st and 2nd and bumping forward to 3rd ? what happens bumping back from 3rd ??? go into 2nd or first ???

Your hands are dirty... you know if you just talk about building online and never actually build, your hands will stay clean. :mrgreen:

CCR said:
looking good :shock: Love that shifter as well :shock: :shock:

so bumping backwards switches between 1st and 2nd and bumping forward to 3rd ? what happens bumping back from 3rd ??? go into 2nd or first ???

Bet it's more like a Hurst ratchet shifter. The spacing has that funny pattern for Sturmie hubs. Bigger distance between 2-3.
I really liked the ratchet shifter in my buddy's '66 Goat.

What's up with this cool build?
Any updates??????

Looked through your thread front to back. Looking good. I'm one of those guys that doesn't lace spokes. I always seem to screw up the trueness of a wheel trying to tighten a spoke. Like the plaid, chainring, guard, shifter and fenders. The rims look like the rusty ones I had powder coated for my build. Nice work going on.

Re: The Mad Plaidr! 7/8 Update, Good and bad news...

Unfortunately guys I sold my build off bike....
3710403c.jpg

But I sold it so I could by this bike!!! A Hiawatha!
d5c3e991.jpg

dd4eca37.jpg

Which I just finished putting together today! Sorry I didn't finish my first Build off, I'll be back next year! Everyone's builds are looking amazing! Good luck

Latest posts

Back