THE MIXTIE PIXIE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Was out in the country for a family reunion yesterday and saw someone selling this little Pixie at a road side junk sale. Swung by after the reunion and it followed us home. Brace yourself...the price tag said $5.00. :shock:

At first I wasn't sure what I'd do with it...but I have a 4 year old, an 18 mo old and one in the hanger. The more I started cleaning this little bike up the more I liked it. It's running 16" wheels and it's cool because it uses a regular neck and handlebar size. Serial number shows it's a 1980 model. This little bike is seriously solid...built like a little tank! The paint and chrome are spectacular. Thinking about throwing some chrome rims from a new 16" wheel bike on here because I want to run tires with tubes.

Here's a pic when I got it home...

100_3914.jpg

Here she is after a bit of elbow grease... :D :D :D

100_3944.jpg

100_3945.jpg

100_3949.jpg

100_3946.jpg

And here she is with a bit of attitude... 8) 8) 8)

100_3951.jpg

Ratrod, have fun with that bike. As soon as you figure out the tires.

Hooch, nice photochopping on the pixie. You new avatar is makin me dizzy.

Hooch, you should be a designer! I can almost smell Kenny's brain on this one! Don't let Kenny attack it until you get a FBM shirt from him!
I love the look of it! Could a stretched and "Adult rideable" pixie be the next contest on the board? Very Cool!

Thanks for the hippie flashback avatar! Now I've got to go find a "long hair" to redneck! :mrgreen:

hey ratrod, are those 16s or 20s? I have a solid 20" if ya want it, but those look smaller

Thanks guys!

Nothing like rolling by at 50mph and seeing a red "S" seat poping out amongst the junk...ha ha!

I agree...Kenny would have fun with this one...he'd just mess up the paint though. :shock:

MarkM....she's sportin' 16" wheels/tires. I'll be on the look out for a cheapo kiddie donor bike for a set of chrome 16" wheels.

I see that bicycledesigner.com sells 16 x 1.75 in white walls with brick tread. :mrgreen:

lol you got the bike bug bad!
remember back when you could drive and just watch the road? lol
i am constantly watching back yards and the sides of houses lol
cant even walk by a rack full of bikes with out looking for a jewel in the crowd

Hooch said:
lol you got the bike bug bad!
remember back when you could drive and just watch the road? lol
i am constantly watching back yards and the sides of houses lol
cant even walk by a rack full of bikes with out looking for a jewel in the crowd

I thought I was the only one that did that... :p

I can spot an oddball a mile away, whether it is a rat, a sweet cruiser or old British steel. Any fool can plop down a few bucks for an off the rack MTB or roadie. It takes someone special to build a custom or to restore/take care of a classic.

Aaron 8)

Hey...I just noticed something....Schwinn spells it "Mixtie" in their catalog.

Didn't someone recently say it was spelled "Mixte"?

Rat Rod said:

Yes they did! :wink:
I was corrected buy someone when I spelled it "Mixtie"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it's all good......I am the Worldes wurst speler aniway! :mrgreen:

Clothespin "n" said:
Rat Rod said:

Yes they did! :wink:
I was corrected buy someone when I spelled it "Mixtie"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it's all good......I am the Worldes wurst speler aniway! :mrgreen:
Yes, mixte. :p

Back