The new electric cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Color is always a tough choice. I usually decide what tires,seat and grips i'll use, and then choose a color that works well with them.
Why not "borrow" a look from a battery ? Duracell=copper and black, energizer= chrome,yellow and black, everready= red, white and black...... :wink:
I'm paying close attention Bern, because my next chopper project will be electric also. Your 36v set up should give you decent range.
Rick

From the looks of all that white tubing under your work table, I'd say you cut up a good something to make a better something. It's looking good. Can't wait to see the finished product. When it's all finished I don't think Mama's going to be able to find her White patio funiture or whatever that was. You better hide the evidence.

So i finally decided to keep the current color,
I did some mecanical detail work and started assemby of the bike yesterday.
here's what it looks like today...theses bars wont work with that frame it will have cruiser moon bars and the seat will be different too.

IMG_1350.jpg

I received some parts...the motor is functionnal...still need to put a chain , brake cable, power switch, fuse... picture does not do justice to the bike...
latest pics

fetefrancis012.jpg

fetefrancis014.jpg

fetefrancis018.jpg

fetefrancis017.jpg

worked on the wirering for main power switch/fuse and chanrger connection last night.
fetefrancis023.jpg

switch up is bike running, switch down is charging.
fetefrancis024.jpg

Z-Man said:
AUSOME i love this bike how long did it take to do that? i wish i could do that

i did not calculate the hours but i started last october if i remeber well..working on it partime at night and on weekend at least once a week. in the past week i worked almost everyday on it to work details. I now have to put a chain on and finish the battery cover.

Don't get me wrong. I am in awe by this bike and think it is one of the best bikes on this site, but...is it too late to move the seat down and back just a bit? you look like you are sitting just a little too high on it. just my 2 cents. and it is still awesome if you don't move the seat.

maybe just a heavy duty 7 shaped seat post would do the trick?

fetefrancis014.jpg

GTCOMA said:
Don't get me wrong. I am in awe by this bike and think it is one of the best bikes on this site, but...is it too late to move the seat down and back just a bit? you look like you are sitting just a little too high on it. just my 2 cents. and it is still awesome if you don't move the seat.

maybe just a heavy duty 7 shaped seat post would do the trick?

[/img]

thanks for the constructive comment.

its actualy a visual illusion as the swigarm is so long!
I've lowered the seat a little bit compaired to the pic but i cant go any further back, i'm altready at max leg and arm extension at the moment! I also wanted to have higher seat position for ease of manoeuvrability! i'm thinking of lowering the seat more but i want to test ride the bike as it is now first.

I also have the option of putting and old leather seat like the one below that would lower the seat position and make it a bit forward to help leg extension, but i'm not sure i like the look of it.
fetefrancis020.jpg

You might also looked jacked up there because it is sitting on that block of wood...?

I like the idea of the leather seat, but I think a nice black Brooks would look nice - It's only an extra $120 :wink:

Is it just an optical illusion, or will the crank hit the front wheel if you pedal and turn at the same time? if so, it's probably not that big of a deal, considering not pedaling is the goal with this bike.

GTCOMA said:
You might also looked jacked up there because it is sitting on that block of wood...?

I like the idea of the leather seat, but I think a nice black Brooks would look nice - It's only an extra $120 :wink:

Is it just an optical illusion, or will the crank hit the front wheel if you pedal and turn at the same time? if so, it's probably not that big of a deal, considering not pedaling is the goal with this bike.

yeah maybe the wood block adds to the ffect...one thing for sure i can put my feet down to the ground while sitting.

AH a brooks! i wish i had more funds..I have one brooks but its a racing model..to hard for a long run...maybe later!
the pedals clear the wheel not problem...since i'm almost all extended my feet stay straght up so they dont hit either...:)

Looks as though you are or at least was an avid mountain biker, judging by the components and abundance of shocks and banners in your shop!

I'm curious to see how you work out the drive train. I'll be awaiting your next post.
It looks great.

bones_over_metal said:
Looks as though you are or at least was an avid mountain biker, judging by the components and abundance of shocks and banners in your shop!

I'm curious to see how you work out the drive train. I'll be awaiting your next post.
It looks great.
thanks,
yep Am a mountain biker for sure!
drivetrain will be simple, sigle speed with a chain tensionnner made out of a v-brake.
i found out yesterday that my batteries are dead, will have to buy new ones...

HI,

so here the almost final work,

I've works a lot on the latest details and adjustements.
went for a test ride today, works really good. but the seat is really not good. I willl have to find something else..

shock001.jpg

shock006.jpg

shock004.jpg

shock009.jpg

shock002.jpg

to do list.:
-stich velcro final to the vynil
-find a better seat
-adjust air in suspension...
-may some pinstriping.

hi all,

so the bike was riding really sweet untill last week, i was using the bike daily on my commute to work, i had about 500km on it so far, i was checking the frame before evry ride for signs of defects(cracks, loosses etc).
a few weeks back on my way back from work, i heard a suddent "crack" :shock: and 1 second later i was on the ground...from what i can see a defective weld at the head tube combine with the head angle and weight of the batteries resulted in the head tube to completely sheared off the frame when i was rinding it at 30km\h...
i crashed hard and broke my humrus by the shoulder... i guess my welding skills are not as good as I tought!

I now have a metal plates and screws in my arm to keep everything in place...i'm out ofbiking and work for at least 3 months.

heres a picture of the arm repair!

i guess i will beep going trough metal detector at the airport now!

operationresize.jpg

Latest posts

Back