The Rusty Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't hardly wait to start on this Higgins that I got from Walker earlier this week. I love the rusty patina of this bike and am thinking about keeping the "fresh from the barn" theme going. I'm wanting to build this as a turn of the century touring motorcycle. The headlight is off an old model A ford. I wanted to include a battery somewhere, so I made a period looking one from an old spray can, an ignition battery label I found on line, and a few brass hardware pieces from the hardware store. Here's my work so far:

p_00366.jpg

p_00369.jpg

p_00370.jpg

p_00363.jpg

I was wanting to do some riding today, so I threw some parts on the higgins to get it road worthy....still need to get the front light re-mounted, build a gas tank, chop the fenders, etc....but at least its rideable!

p_00445.jpg

Did some more work on the higgins today....welded up a gas tank to match the frame, still need to clean up the welds on the filler neck, but I like how it looks in the frame!

bike3-1.jpg

bike.jpg

bike2-1.jpg

Super cool and excellent craftsmanship on the tank. Have you considered running without fenders? Might look cool too. Looks killer as it is! :mrgreen:

Back