The Short…Beach…Food…Cape Cod Trail Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Larry, I’m thinking of bringing my 7-speed BFK Stingray.

017-1.jpg

Graylock said:
So if I did this correctly we will meet here
Graylock

This isn't working for me either....... son of a gun........ maybe I should go back to the map I drew by hand with crayons but my dog ate it! Two maps were listed, one for Wellfleet where I made a map for where we spotted a whale in August and the other for GBG to locate a central place to meet in New England (the point in Brewster is my house). Both of these maps I made but I guess I'm only good for 2 out of 3, that's about right.

Well lets try this......... if you zoom the map in satellite mode (and the roads named) on the Cape Cod Canal at where route 6 and route 3 meet at the Sagamore Bridge you can see Friendly's Ice cream marked below Marylou's Coffee and if you drive further down Canal Road you end up at the parking lot on the canal. I'm sorry the map didn't work.

I'm having trouble with 9:00 also, I have to drive 45 minutes and I don't know about this, maybe we can meet at 10:00 , what do you think.

Hey this is great your bringing your wive's, I'll get my wife to go and we'll ride her Burley Tandem, she might like that. We go down to Sea Food Sam's sometimes and get a fish sandwich to go and then park down by the canal and have a picnic and watch the boats go by. Maybe if the day is a good one we can do that ( bring your chairs)

I found that riding over the bridge is not a good idea. Some people do but risk getting knocked off their bikes by the wind off the tractor trailers. It can be walked but we should pass on that one.

I'm looking forward to this ride.

GL

You all are making this too interesting to miss.I was planning on going to an automotive swap meet
in CT that Sunday but can find more interesting stuff on this ride. :)
I would bring a multispeed 26"er and be good for 30-35 miles...if I go.
Either event happens only in good dry weather...if I go.
A long morning drive with plenty of coffee is no problem...if I go.
The growing list of riders of both sexes is pleasing and a change...I should go.Maybe.....Stevil

We would be glad to see you Stevil if you go. Always a pleasure to see you, hope it's a nice day for all of us.
Bike trail will be just over 14 miles on that side of the canal. Not much for hills but there is our buddy the wind that may show up.

GL

Graylock said:
Well lets try this......... if you zoom the map in satellite mode (and the roads named) on the Cape Cod Canal at where route 6 and route 3 meet at the Sagamore Bridge you can see Friendly's Ice cream marked below Marylou's Coffee and if you drive further down Canal Road you end up at the parking lot on the canal. I'm sorry the map didn't work.

I'm having trouble with 9:00 also, I have to drive 45 minutes and I don't know about this, maybe we can meet at 10:00 , what do you think.

I'm looking forward to this ride.

GL

Very well, a 10AM meet-up time it’ll be.

Stevil, it would be cool if you can show-up, buddy!

You guys will be missed. :(

Rain date will be the third Sunday in March.

I too, am looking forward to this ride!

ZygoteLittle said:

The SECOND ride will be the third Sunday in March! :lol:

KOTA said:
ZygoteLittle said:

The SECOND ride will be the third Sunday in March! :lol:
Amen brother – the SECOND ride will be the third Sunday in March! :D

If you guys are that into it maybe you could consider this. I do have limited connections to the State park next to me and maybe if you could pin a date I could get a group campsite for a weekend or midweek. Standard camp prices but they overlook certain rules to cram you in one area. Makes no difference to me, I live next door, but you could do some massive bike touring on the Cape with out the hassle of toting your gear around. Camping is a cheap way to enjoy the Cape and maybe good for points if your wife is a sport. Just saying. It will be a test just to get everyone to the Canal.

Graylock :D

If the extra baseball wasn't added Boy and I were going to camp at Scusset State Park right on the canal. We've stayed there before and ridden the trail. It's a decent spot.

KOTA said:
Graylock said:
Also it has become clear that we can cross over the bridge with our bikes and get on the other trail

Graylock

What bike you bringing?
Good question, Larry; what bike is everybody bringing?

KOTA said:
2.5 hour drive for me. Anyone using a single speed? I'll try to get my Flat Lander bike rolling if so.
I'm paying attention. :oops:

Graylock said:
If you guys are that into it maybe you could consider this. I do have limited connections to the State park next to me and maybe if you could pin a date I could get a group campsite for a weekend or midweek. Standard camp prices but they overlook certain rules to cram you in one area. Makes no difference to me, I live next door, but you could do some massive bike touring on the Cape with out the hassle of toting your gear around. Camping is a cheap way to enjoy the Cape and maybe good for points if your wife is a sport. Just saying. It will be a test just to get everyone to the Canal.

Graylock :D

8) I really dig the idea of camping on the Cape; perhaps we can make it on the same weekend in March and just add Saturday? What do you guys think? If not, midweek (third week in March) works for me too! Nice idea, GL! :)

However, having said all that, we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves; let’s stay focused on this ride, we can discuss March Weekend later.

“Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.” – H. G. Wells

The Foliage Season is off-off-and-running here in Northern New England; with the Cape being further south, does that mean that the foliage there would be at or near peak during the time of our ride?

Peace everybody...

thatismytruck said:
If the extra baseball wasn't added Boy and I were going to camp at Scusset State Park right on the canal. We've stayed there before and ridden the trail. It's a decent spot.
8) we should look into it.

For this ride the Electra Townies......With COOL dew rags on the stems. ..Yeah, baby!

Back