the singapore stretch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2976642145_e3a5571873_o.jpg

these are the current light brackets that i'm using now, its actually the engine mount for a nitro 1/8 buggy i used to have...

I liked this before but that light set up is off the chain!Awesome work. :D :D :D

ExtraBlaze said:
I liked this before but that light set up is off the chain!Awesome work. :D :D :D

thanks buddy! that's very kind of you to say..... :lol: stay tuned though....there's more stuff coming up.... got some work to do on the "tank" that houses the batts and also thinking of a suitable rear light treatment. :?

brokenspork said:
Sweet dude you're probably the only guy with those sweet bikes in the entire island eh? Have you been to Rivervale Mall yet? :mrgreen:

haha, in SG, i dare say choppers rule the scene..... there are some stretch cruisers here and there..... stretch trike? erm.... probably...haha

2977490088_0d6120de5b_o.jpg

the batts are strapped to a length of alu stock and bolted onto the standoffs in between the acrylic "tank" sides...."tank" plates are 10mm thick acyllic, chamfered for a more finished look

2976631715_d697324a48_o.jpg

on the other side, i had to take off some material with my mill to clear the stick shifter's clamp

2977485752_d3f1557b34_o.jpg

i'm thinking of either sticking some vinyl sticker just for colour or perhaps get a graphic printed out on reverse decal and adhere it to the inside... i'm still working out the details as i go along...

check out my stretch man!

hey what are those support bracket on the springer from??? im trying to make mine look more military and those would help!

ohchusan said:
they're made from solid aluminium stock. not sure of the grade though... but they've held up to my weight thus far... :mrgreen:

WISH I COULD GET AHOLD OF A PAIR OF THOSE!!

my dual lights we like that on my chopper, but now my dual lights are on either side of the fork

I'm sure this would look somewhat ricey/trashy but what if the acryllic glowed with a light as a way to be seen at night, during the day you can leave it off and it will look clean

bad suggestion but had to say it

sepia said:
I'm sure this would look somewhat ricey/trashy but what if the acryllic glowed with a light as a way to be seen at night, during the day you can leave it off and it will look clean

bad suggestion but had to say it

hate to admit it but that thought did cross my mind... but it was only for a fleeting moment! really!!!! :oops: haha.

finally! some progress on the tanks i made....
decals came in, artwork was done using photoshop.... as usual, the colours that appear on the screen did not come through as is... oh well, can't really complain as it was done FOC... :lol:

well, here are a couple of pictures until i get a chance to take proper outdoor photos..

3176468321_58d11364c0_o.jpg

3176468587_7c827b996b_o.jpg

3176468793_33c4870a80_o.jpg

oh, i also grafted on my old gear knob from my car onto the stick shift....

bombshelterbikes said:
Great touch with the shifter knob. I can't believe all of the details you keep layering on! Sweet! 8)

thanks dude! i realise that when i cant go out and ride, i sit here and stare at my bikes and i think of something else i'd wanna do......i just hope i won't come to a stage where its "over done" ifyouknowhatimean??? :shock:

well, looks like this project is still not done...

this was the first attempt at a truck bed.... didn't like it too much... so i tossed it on the back burner thinking of picking up the project sometime in the future...
3367550365_88cdb7fa3c_o.jpg

but after seeing Big Al's trike with that really cool radio flyer outback, i knew i had to finish mine as well...

so i tore down the first "yucky" version (above) and built this (below) from the remains and scraps and this is what i came up with.. more slammed feel to it to match the rest of the trike
3370588888_393bc4d869_b.jpg

kinda felt it was too "HEAVY" so.... i took it off again and hacked more material off... to make it lighter?
3402887846_e4bf6fcb57_b.jpg

finally had some time to paint it last week and i got to rattle can the scallops on after dinner today.
still not done as i need to do some dark blue or black lines to outline the scallops...
3472871807_e5a05a172f_b.jpg

should be done soon.... i hope :shock:
stay tuned!

Back