The SL 4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought I would try something a little different, the lowest seat height possible on a two wheel pedal bicycle. I got the seat height under 4 inches! That's what the S and L are for, S for Stupid and L for Low and 4 inch seat height.
I just took it around the block tonite for the virgin run, and she worked pretty good. I got lot's more to do, I have the patience of a 3 year old and I just wanted to share the pix with somebody who might get a kick out of them.

I started with this
100_1153.jpg

My favorite part.
100_1155.jpg

I flipped the rear triangle upside down for clearance and the ol' 2x4 for proper height. adjustment
100_1157.jpg

100_1159.jpg

The SL 4
100_1166.jpg

That chain is a little loose, gotta do some more tweakin' :D
100_1167.jpg

Rube Goldberg drivetrain!
100_1169.jpg

100_1170.jpg

Here ya go.........
100_1171.jpg

THATS PRETTY SWEET! Is it comfertable?!

man.... Rube Goldberg....

Kenny, every time you post one of these, it makes me want to cut something up...

my home made stretch is rideable but not "finished"... and we started a sidecar project yesterday with a desk scavenged from the local high school...

hmmmm.... i might have to have a burrito...

awesome as always...

oct.

You could also raise the handlbars and use it as a push scooter when you want to.

Pretty nifty. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
You could also raise the handlbars and use it as a push scooter when you want to.

Pretty nifty. :wink:

That's what I was thinking too.

Nice and crazy build.

low_life said:
that is pretty sweet. I do have a question though. i've seen it quite a few times and need them for my next build. where do you guys get the chain guides (or make them out of) to pick up the slack on the chain?

It looks like they are derailler pulleys.

Yep, derailluer pulleys. That's the poor mans chain tensioner.
If you do a search for "singlespeed chain tensioners" there are some really neat looking spring loaded ones out there.

Thanks for the comments, glad you can appreciate my madness.

Kenny,I think single handedly YOU changed my whole way of thinking about stretchers...I never cared for them much,but

THAT IS WAY TOO COOL!

(note to self.buy a welder so i can build something like this too)

Once again...just when I thought another Frame design..
or a New Idea for a Stretched Bike was not possible.

Kenny Builds a Ridable Push Scooter that sits 3 inches from the weeds,
and Looks incredible!

I am amazed....once again.

Your Brain must Hurt! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dude whats it feel like being so low to the ground LOOKS ......!!

Back