"The Sleeper" Finished pics !!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

New to the site and love what I'm seeing. You guys are awesome !!

I thought I'd post a few pics of my current project. It started life as a cheap Kmart ladies Dunlop Mountain Bike. It's very much not that now. It's named "The Sleeper" because I'm 2 months into a 6 month stint as a stay at home dad, and I work on it when the little fella takes his morning and arvo naps - haha. I don't get a chance to work on it everyday but I'm slowly chipping away at it. Hope you all like. I have another bike as my daily ride which I'll post up in another thread.
P4120005.jpg

P4120004.jpg

P4120003.jpg

Re: "The Sleeper"

crackedpiston said:
Nice man. All she needs is some primer and a chain and she's rollin'. :D

Brakes? We don't need no stinking brakes! :lol:

haha brakes. It's quite hilly where I live so I need a brake. I think brake levers on the bars look ugly, so I made up a lever out of an old v-brake caliper arm and set it up on the top tube. It works a treat too.

Been a bit busy with paint lately. Just the wheels to go now.
P5060003.jpg

P5060002.jpg

P5060001.jpg

P5060005.jpg

I really likin this bike!....Hurry up, finish. :lol:

All done now. I'm very pleased with the finished product and it rides even better, although the suicide brake takes some getting used to - haha.
P5130004-1.jpg

P5130007.jpg

P5130012.jpg

P5130003.jpg

P5130005.jpg

P5130006.jpg

I really like this bike. Drillium forks, hand brake, internal cable routing, and acorn nuts on chain ring are all great details.

Nice job. Took a newer bike and made it very cool. Lots of details to look at. Do you have any concerns on the fork?

Thanks guys.

Ace - I'm not exactly sure of the brand, I bought it a while ago from our local bike shop and threw the packaging away, sorry mate.

cman - Concerns of strength, do you mean? If so, not at all. This bike is super solid, although time will tell. I'm not planning on riding this thing through the bush at a 100 miles an hour :lol:

Added two "Lead Foot" stickers I had lying around. It's got a very 50's hotrod look now which is what I was after initially. I also need to add the "the sleeper" decals. Hopefully next weekend I'll get a chance to get it out for some photos in the sun in front of some scenery.
P5170001.jpg

P5170008.jpg

P5170013.jpg

And I've just noticed from those pics I need to black out the insides of the forks :| White over spray is not sexy

Back