The Tijuana Grave Robber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Well as some may have seen this frame when I first got it for almost to nothing and it came with BMX forks and bars. I had some questions regarding the year and make of this frame. Well we came to figure that it is a Worksman frame but no idea what model it is or what year it either. The closes thing to it is a M2600.. Well seeing it just sit there as we where trying to figure the make of this thing, my brain was trying to figure out to do with (build). Here is what I came up with "The Tijuana Grave Robber".
The thing that I got the frame from a guy that has a ranch just right about hundred feet from the mexican boarder. The ileagals would some how ride bike across the boarder and dump the bikes on this guys property. Well through out the years this guy has 100+ bikes sitting throught the ranch.. I got a lead regarding these bikes and here I am with one of the few that I consider "The Tijuana Grave Robber" ilegal mexican bike.. Here are the pics of the bike from day one to as how it sits now.

milbums said:
That saddle looks huge.

Looks like the same saddle I put on my wife's bike. Yes it is looonng, and very comfy. That thing rode like it was 10 years old when it was new.

Thanks guys..
Chain and chain ring is on but need to be adjust some more for it to line up.
Still debating to put the bmx bars back on it.
Oh and I also have a Brooks saddle that I'm planning to put on instead of the newer style seat..
More period perfect with the Brooks..

Here's a little update on the TGR..
Its been awhile from my last update but been a little busy. Ok I finally got the chainring and chain on and lined up. Waiting for the Brooks saddle to arrive and mount it on and add some brakes also..

What do you think.. Disc brake or Caliper Brake.??? I have the caliper style, but if I go disc I need to search for a good set..

She's sweet, digging the rake on that seat tube.:bigboss:

Yeah.. I was leaning going to disc in the begining.. Just have to get a reasonable deal for a disc set up..
Anyone.?

Got my Brooks B72 saddle yesterday from "outsider13" Thanks buddy.!!! and couldn't wait to get home and bolt it on.. It had the right patina and wear on it that it just made the bike look and feel right. Almost done with it..

I knew I had seen this bike before! Ha you rode right past me in the pier plaza.
I was a beautiful afternoon for a ride for sure.

I knew I had seen this bike before! Ha you rode right past me in the pier plaza.
I was a beautiful afternoon for a ride for sure.
It was an awesome day yesterday and today too for a ride. Next time you see me don't hesitate to say "Hi".. If I'm not riding this bike I'll be riding my black and blue anno Schwinn straight bar Cruiser..
By the way what where you riding or were you walking.?

Back