The Victim Gone to its new home

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Victim

Nota biggie. It was just tacked so I took it off. :wink:
Got caught up in the big Electra sale of 2013....Ouch!!!!

Thanks Ratcycle ,I bought a miller cricket 35 years ago and its a 110 flux core wire welder. Its never missed a beat.
To answer the question I wire weld my frames.

How do we get on the "Uncle Stretch" build me a bike list??? :lol: :lol: I want one! 8)

I would like to what dia. you use, and the brand of wire. I use 110 lincoln flux core. If you weren't so far, I would love to come by and learn how you build those bikes. They are by far true craftsmanship.

I use the .30 wire from my welding supply. I doubt if its anything special. I buy a 10 pound spool. I am probably running out as we speak.
Glad you like my builds. I try to show every aspect of the builds here where anybody could duplicate them if they like. I'm no hot shot
welder or designer. I try to look at what I'm building and make it flow. I think the key to frame building is more looking less welding. I
stare at them a while as I go along and try to figure what will go together. Some of the builders here will draw a full size frame before
they start. I am not that good. I usually bend a top tube and work from there.

Pick I built those wide back rim small front rim and had nothing to put them on. Chuck had that old Schwinn in his junk pile. I took it to see
if I could still stretch a stock frame and make a big back wheel fit. It turned out pretty good and Chuck said he was going to build a stretched
Worksman like it when he got a chance. Since he gives me stuff and Is way more busy than me.....I decided to build him one. He lives a couple
miles from me so that is how he got this one built. He didn't get on a list. In fact he didn't have to ask. :lol:

Everybody thinks I build for the bike. I don't ride much. I build to hopefully get others here to build something . They see how I do it and build
bikes of their own. Or at least that is how I always hope it will work. You grab a couple old trash frames...weld them together....realize the next
one will be better and try again. I threw away a bunch before I built one I really thought was good enough to keep. Oh and its cheaper than Bowling.

You do awesome work my friend! Believe me, I look at your projects & learn from every one of them. Keep it coming!

Uncle Stretch said:
Oh and its cheaper than Bowling.

Yeah, bowling got expensive! Only time we can afford to go is Sundays after 6pm, for the half price special...

Luke.

Thanks , I appreciate the vote of confidence. :wink:
DSCF0004-45.jpg

wow, 11 pages of reading to get caught up on this build! :lol: bike looks really sweet as always. that frame is screaming for a custom tank plate of some kind.

Thanks Lucas

Yeah John, I would imagine Chuck will come up with something.
Got the first bondo smeared on. Will be slow on the setting up with all the cold.
And while I'm waiting , I am cleaning my shop. I love my new work bench top!

DSCF0001-151.jpg

This has taken shap so nice.. and I'm also a student of your builds I love them all and hope one day I can be as nice as you on the building frames...

Back