Threadless headset setup

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!
Please let me know if I setup my threadless headset right:

Headset.jpg

Also here is few washers and I have no idea where those go..

rings.jpg

Thank you!

thats right!! the small ring usually goes on top of the top race in a recess and then the spacer goes on top of that. (whether you need either is debatable as long as you can get it tight with the top cap bolt) :roll:

ya as mentioned the lineup is fine... that thin plastic washer is a dust cap usually they go on the top of the bearing race to keep dirt and help keep water out. the smaller one should go on top of the whole works. it should have a rounded top part... you will most likely have to leave this one out because you are using a triple crown fork. you should also have a rubber wedge or a plastic wedge with this headset, that wedge holds your fork stiff in the bearings...
so like this top to bottom
-----top spacer (plastic)
----- wedge
-----upper bearing race
-----dust shield
-----bearings
-----upper bearing cup

-----lower bearing cup
-----bearings
-----lower bearing race

hopefully this helps and not complicate matters.

Thank you guys! :D
I want to powder coat just the tubes of this fork and wandering how to install lower tripple tree (steering stem) without scratching tubes of the fork... :roll:

best thing i can think of is use a wooden wedge or half of a cloths pin to spread the clamp apart and do it that way.... power coat is pretty durable... it however is much thicker than regular paint.

Back