TRADITIONAL Time Traveler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Way too busy to start this build.
But I'm always in for the punishment.
17146818089836227391169585195292.jpg

Tires, upgrades and some super detailing.
A rebuild for my youngest son.

Last edited:
Got confused and thought this was your other thread. Always had a soft spot for these late seventies/early eighties import Schwinn.

First new bike was a 1980-ish Scarlet Flame Traveler III. Older brothers rode big frame Schwinns like this (Continental and Super LeTour). At 6’ 3” should fit him like a glove. Nice bike.

This is not what came to mind when I think of a TALL BIKE by @GuitarlCarl !!!

This is not what came to mind when I think of a TALL BIKE by @GuitarlCarl !!!
Haha! I've yet to build a tall bike and since I recently turned 64 I'm thinking about landings a little more these days. I may yet build the convertible tall/stretch I have a MTB stashed for.

Haha! I've yet to build a tall bike and since I recently turned 64 I'm thinking about landings a little more these days. I may yet build the convertible tall/stretch I have a MTB stashed for.

I'm exactly one year younger than you (same birthday), so I can relate to the "I've fallen and I can't get up" concern. :D

Holy headtubes, Batman! Have fun with that well-timed Traveler!

I turn 64 next week and like my bikes closer to the ground. Just don't bounce right back up like i used to. Gonna be a cool build i'm sure.

Back