tire gunk?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got these new tires from bicycledesigner.com and when trying to clean up some scuffs and marks from the packaging, I found they have this weird film on them. anyone know how to get it off without damaging the tire? i can kind of rub it off with my fingers but it just beads up and sticks to the tire. i have to brush off the little beads that form with my hand a couple times to get them off. i tried wheel and tire cleaner with a scrub brush and some simple green but the wetness seems to "harden" the film making it slick. really strange.

thanks bud. not sure why that thread didn't come up in my search. looks like Wesley's Bleche-Wite is the way to go. i'm guessing this is some sort of residue left over from the manufacturing process? never seen it before. thanks for the info.

after some googling i found that wesley's is super acidic and has the possibility to corrode / stain aluminum wheels and drys out tires after a while. i think i'll try simple green again or use the stuff i put on my car tires. tuff stuff might work too.

Back