Tire Size Question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a set of 4" wide rims that I am looking to use on the rear of a trike. Anyone know what the narrowest tire I could use on them would be? I am looking to use a narrow tire so they flatten out to get kind of a low profile look. Anyone have any knowledge or info on this? Thanks in advance!

lol, I have yet to get a response to any of my questions as well. Are you trying to get a more low profile look to your tire? Is that why you're asking this question?

I think a 3" wide tire is the narrowest tire you can safely mount on a 4" rim. It forces the sidewalks out and gives it a balloon look, but I don't think it's take bumps as well. Since the sidewall strength is being used to stretch that wide it takes away from its ability to absorb the shock of bumps as well.

Yep, a low profile look is what I am going for.I have tried searching but to no avail which is why I am asking now, lol. anyone have any pictures of how these look?

JGood said:
Yep, a low profile look is what I am going for.I have tried searching but to no avail which is why I am asking now, lol. anyone have any pictures of how these look?

Yeah me too, I came across one bike (actually two) and it looked .... good, but now I can't find it again. I should've bookmarked it, don't know why I didn't!

This might give an idea of looks. I don't know whose these are but I think they were on a German site....

DSC_0051-vi.jpg

DSC_0053-vi.jpg

Back