Todays Amazing Score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Slingshot, The original attempt at Mountain bike suspension

100_0012.jpg

A Gitane Professional with Full Campy. Ive never even had a Campy Skewer

100_0013-1.jpg

A 26 inch Mongoose Kos Cruiser, its been sold

100_0014-1.jpg

4 sets of wheels,
Set 1 is the Mavic Sewups with Campy hubs off the Gitane
set 2 is the set off the Slingshot with Bullseye Hubbs
set 3 is the original wheels from the mongoose
set 4 is a set with a 7 speed nexus hub and coaster brake he ran on the mongoose

100_0015-1.jpg

Somebody pinch me so I know this is real

Very nice SCORE!!!..... 8)

Looks like bullseye cranks on the slingshot and KOS with KOS bars "$$$$"

Congrats!.

Thanks for all the amazing offers here but the Kos Kruiser is not for sale. I took on this stash to get the Gitane actually. I had to take the Slingshot and the Mongoose to get it and honestly, neither really do anything for me except that the Mongoose is Chrome. I really didnt know anything about it and am still looking for info on it and wondering what part of bicycling history did I miss when this was so popular. But should I decide to part with it at some point, Jeff (AKA Ratdaddy) will be given first dibs. Thanks again.

jaydub said:
http://www.gitaneusa.com/ The Gitane is bad to the bone looks like it will be a smooth rider..good choice..!..Jay

Thanks for the link, I will spend some time going through that site. It has sewups on it that I will have to swap out other wheels for to ride it. I dont want to change anything on it. Its going to be gone through, lubed, cleaned and hung on my road bike wall with a bunch of racing jerseys and memorabilia. Ive never messed with a sewup and dont want to start now. RIP Laurence Fignon

Dont laugh to hard but this is all I have for Gitane... :lol: Cleaned up I might just be able to sell it..LOL
100_0905.jpg

Well first of all, Im glad that someone else can appreiciate the Gitane, I know its probably the wrong forum for old racing bikes but a Gitane was the untouchable dream bike of mine through the 80's and I just posted everything from that deal together. The link you sent me helped me identify mine as a 1985 with the Campagnolo Victory component group. Mixte Frames have their own following as well, Im sure that will sell with no problem. The Mongoose is an 80 or 81 and the Slingshot is an 82. Again thanks for the link, there is so much good stuff on that site.

I enjoy all Road Bikes.I own probably around 30 or so maybe more..LOL ok many more.. :wink: I'm glad you enjoyed the link.. thought you might..!
Yep not to many Road Bike Fans on here ..Whats not to love about a vintage Road Bike..? :wink:

jaydub said:
Dont laugh to hard but this is all I have for Gitane... :lol: Cleaned up I might just be able to sell it..LOL
100_0905.jpg

I missed the brake levers on this the first time around, very cool. Theres lots of Mixte frames with flat bars turned Fixie here in Denver. I've never really dubbed them as a ladies bike and I do enjoy riding them with my shorter than normal torso. That's a pretty nice ride there

I replied to your PM I think or thats why it says I have 1 in my out box..? LMK If you got it..Thanks..Jay

Here is the Slingshot with the wheels on it. Wierdest bike I've ever seen

100_0002-2.jpg

Here's the Gitane with the wheels on it. :D :D :D I"M STILL IN SHOCK
100_0001-4.jpg

Im kind of forced to put the kos kruiser up for sale. best offer and buyer pays shipping. no trades

100_0014-1.jpg

Back