Tom boy canti

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ratters it's Wolfy here with my first build. So my sis bought a wally world "schwinn landmark" she choose it because she hates girls bikes and it was the only mens cruiser. She broke the derailer and it's been neglected to a field-Perfect for a rat!

DSCN0662.jpg

The gooseneck was rusted in and snapped before it loosened thanks for all your suggestions I came home from school and my stepdad "bobby blue jeans" removed it with a pipe wrench :D

DSCN0654.jpg

DSCN0838.jpg

Stripped and primed yata-yata

DSCN0837.jpg

So that's where im at.

Glad ya got that fixed. Now Get ta Building!! Peace

Thanks jack it looks like a real shwinn minus the derailer hangar. Idk where its going i need components, i just got finished wet sanding it.

2nd red coat on, I realized i completely forgot about the chainguard! im going to do a quick sand,prime,paint,clear on it.

Question-how long do i wait for the paint to dry before i mask it? I don't want to pull the red off :!: I want to have the black on tomorrow the can says "handle dry" in 5-9 hours, and "full dry" in 2 days which do i follow?

And last does anyone know where i can get transfer decals that i can put on a satin finish then clearcoat?

Look at that factory decal placement :shock:

DSCN0840_zps19ecfd02.jpg

That kinda looks like it would be the start of a cool "faux-tina" don't you think?

DSCN0842_zps797f9522.jpg

Bike looks good so far. Yes on the Fauxtina and thanks for the good laugh! :lol:

Thanks im outta my mind!

Painted the chainguard-a bug got stuck in the paint so i'll sand it with #1000 and touchup tomorrow. Im inverting the paint scheme so it will be red with black halfway up the downtube, seatpost and the stays. Still need answers on the questions :!: :?:

Really? i can do it wednesday since it's gonna pour tomorrow i'd like to be able to paint under my carport but the smell ends up in the house.

It had its second color done (black) while i was without a computer for months, its in my now collapsed from blizzard shed, it will be taken out and i'll take pics.

I have a few stems for sale up here..
I have that same alloy stem if you want to replace that?
I think I had its makes for $5.50 +ship? :p
Let me know if in Interested.

Back