Tool kits

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linmcrae

Lin Fairclough
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any advice on what is needed in a bike/trike tool kit? I want to build up my tools to work on all our collection of bikes and trikes instead of trying to make do with what I already have (which I am the first to admit is pretty limited) . Thanks in advance. Lin

Park Tools are the premier brand that all the bike shops use...and the price reflects it. Tools from Pedro's are just as good in my opinion, and cost a little less, but without the Park panache'. Even then, a truly useful kit lists in the $400 range!

If you're on a budget, like I am, you might consider a basic set from a retailer like Nashbar. The set I bought was only $35 and most importantly, it wasn't padded out with common hand tools I already owned. I think that same kit is about $50 today. That kit is not all-encompassing, nor is it shop quality...but the tools do the job as intended.

Just today, I was introduced to a site called temu.com. Much like Alibaba, it's a clearinghouse for cheap, foreign-made junk. But, sometimes junk is all you need, if it does the job...once.

When you have a husband who doesn't mind your strange (to him) hobbies and surprised you with a early birthday present 😍

Attachments

• 20230510_142103.jpg
    20230510_142103.jpg
    998 KB · Views: 0
Back