Toy Investments ???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It always amazes me what stuff I had as a kid, and think , If I only knew then what I know now, I just wanted to throw this out and get some feed back on what you think being made today will be worth bucks tommorow, ZUZU pets?, the last of the walkmans sony will stop producing this year, wait I know,,, Three speed girls bikes will be worth they're weight in gold in the future, contact me for your future investment :lol:

You know, I always wonder about my old toys. I dontated a ton, with guilt...thinking these will probably be worth something one day.

But, things like XMods (RC Cars from radio shack...customizable and whatnot) May not be, because they werent advertised heavily. Legos, Are a die hard classic. I had a bunch of action figures from the early 90s, None of those are worth anything, but probably because they werent at their time. I donated those...

GI Joes are another one of those things that are a diehard...Legos, Hot Wheels, Matchbox(even though they stink compared to HW) Micro machines...

List goes on

Edit-

But about the Furbies and whatnot?
Those sold for hundreds for a while there...
Like Zhu Zhu Pets

What about video game consoles? NES has gone up in price, SNES is still cheap, N64 is up and down...It only goes up when old games are remade.

I really like Micro Machines especially with all the playsets they had, I mean what about the Felts, Dynos, Electra's will those be the bikes to hang onto now ? And then some of the new hotwheels that are all hyped up when they come out ,people slap them on the bay and its a big fury to get the latest,six months down the road your lucky to get you buck back.

Yeah, I bought a bunch of gold and black delorean hotwheels, never got a chance to put them on ebay. I wanted a couple, and saw the rest are doubing their price...not bad..Haha!

But yeah, i think the collectors edition felts are going to be worth some. That hotwheels bike too!

Some of the special nirves...The John Deere one, What else...

The Electra bikes, Like the special king pin...or whatever. The baby blue with custom striping. Kustom kruisers are already collectors items.

If an item is expensive or very few made now, Those will hold their value. Anything that is advertised as "Collectible" , "1 of______ Made", "post 1980's Coca Cola items" are a waste of money now. Remember If everybody knew the Hot Wheels from the late 1960's were going to be valuable, They wouldn't be today because everybody would have collected them then and they would be plentiful now.
Just don't throw ANYTHING away and wait and see.

A good rule of thumb is, anything that has small removable parts are gonna add to a toy's value. For example, alot of the older Hotwheels, Matchboxes and Johnny Lightnings had little surfboards, animals and drivers. Kids lost them or chewed on them. The old Matchboxes came in little boxes, If you've still got the box, you've just doubled, triple or more the price!

Same thing with just about any toys, it's all about the accessories and the original packaging.

Although everyone pretty much hated the OCC style Stingrays, I think that they'll be worth some big bucks in another 10 to 15 years. The Tuttles and OCC are on the way out. The OCC Stingrays get hacked and used for other builds. And I'm sure there were plenty to into metal slavage yards because mommy and daddy "Throw Away" chucked them in the garbage when their spoiled little brats didn't want to ride the bikes. This kinda happened with many of the original Stingray and several of the older bikes (boys in particular) and now look at some of their prices. I'm wondering how many of Jesse's bikes are getting snatch up now? :roll:

We used to joke around about winning the lottery, finding a popular toy with a limited run and buying every single one of them. Then stash them and wait ten years, then pop them out to sell!
Should be worth a fortune, that is until the company repops them!

As of lately I am seeing model cars that used to be carried everywhere have disappeared from most store shelves, Wal-mart no longer carries them, same for K-mart, Target, Toys R Us, None of them, only place in town that still has them are Ben franklin and hobby lobby. I also think any of the American Chopper model bikes and other such stuff will be worth a fortune, Anything with a huge fan-base. The O.C.C. and W.C.C. choppers should be good in the future, I think those re-pop Schwinn Phantoms will be good. Anything too expensive for the average Joe to get cheap.

I have a big Richard Petty collection, when he dies, god forbid, I'd be set for life. I had a huge Earnhardt Sr. collection too, but when he died people went nuts and I sold a lot of it. (I'd have been stupid not to at those prices) Also have Earnhardt Jr. stuff too from before his number change that will be worth more in 50 years.

outskirtscustoms said:
As of lately I am seeing model cars that used to be carried everywhere have disappeared from most store shelves, Wal-mart no longer carries them, same for K-mart, Target, Toys R Us, None of them, only place in town that still has them are Ben franklin and hobby lobby. I also think any of the American Chopper model bikes and other such stuff will be worth a fortune, Anything with a huge fan-base. The O.C.C. and W.C.C. choppers should be good in the future, I think those re-pop Schwinn Phantoms will be good. Anything too expensive for the average Joe to get cheap.

I have a big Richard Petty collection, when he dies, god forbid, I'd be set for life. I had a huge Earnhardt Sr. collection too, but when he died people went nuts and I sold a lot of it. (I'd have been stupid not to at those prices) Also have Earnhardt Jr. stuff too from before his number change that will be worth more in 50 years.

Michael Jackson stuff was the same way. I remeber seeing some of the old school stuff at an estate sale just a fews weeks before he died. I went back and the guy's niece had it all pulled from the sale. :cry:

Transformers will always have a market, and Japanese toys. I got some decent money selling my Simpsons action figures.

I have about $6000+ worth of diecast cars I collected for about 4 years. It's mostly VW stuff, and from all over the world. I had a bit of an Ebay addiction and spent a lot of money on rare stuff. I also went to pretty much every antique store in MN looking for stuff. It's all packed away in 20 gallon rubbermaid tubs and sealed up.

I also have Starcom toys, in the packages. A bunch of star Wars figures, Tonka trucks and G.I. Joe stuff.

I hope to sell it all off eventually.

Yeah I'd say anything that is tied to dead celebrities will get big at the time of their death, Look at Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s death his stuff went through the roof when he died and after it just fell off. Right now I'm stocking up on Richard Petty and Carol Shelby collectibles. Both of them are getting up there in the years and when god forbid anything happened to them it'll go through the roof too.....or at least that's the plan... :lol: :roll:

I have these two 1962 gaylord,1964 bop a bear
gaylord.jpg
bear.jpg

Back