Trexlertown Pa. Swap 10/5...what are you bringing?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd56

It's all about the tanklights
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This isn't a For Sale post but, let's see what you're bringing to Trexlertown this fall.

http://www.paulsbicycleshop.com/Trexlertown.html

With all the dark middle of the night trading and blinding flashlight searches before the vendor can even find a spot in the field, that seems to be a traditional event at swaps, it would be an advantage to know what your bringing for us dedicated members ahead of time.

I for one, hope to be there before the sun even disappears the Saturday before. I also hope there will be overnight camping again allowed the year.

Here is one I'm bringing and it will be available for the taking.

1958 Corvette
fd267bf8b65138c674b12f6894c1d924.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

How about we start with "who is planning on going"??

Then we can see what you hope to find or get rid of.

I'll agree that the atmosphere is exciting when trying to be the first to negotiate a good deal. I do know that many of the vendors won't pull their stiff out (usually the smalls) before the official start at 6am. But when seeing a truckload or trailer load of bikes rolls in it is comical how the rush to get to the guy before he even finds a place to park.
Last year I saw deals happening on the road as the loads were lining up outside the entrance.

Always something to see at T town

So nobody is going except me?

I'm going but I don't have anything to bring.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Adding these to the haul.

cb531c1f761ed7645f4ee9c9e3ab4852.jpg

Selling for a friend

1f3b09c88ca74a50714062f4c42c53e6.jpg

76c7937dda1b79be4df608a483a1e4de.jpg

Haven't missed this one since 1992 so I should be there again...
Wasn't going to set up but I have quite a few bikes that I've been falling over all summer. I'll never get to them so they need to go to a better home. One is a clean ladies JC Penney 5 speed bike with a rear disc brake.

Anybody grab anything good today?
yeah ... i picked up some wald jewels had been looking for, a few badges i wont be selling, a few badges maybe i will, a few hubs just for fun because i like to mess with them and the top buy was a 1936 deluxe M1 Silver King. No rear rack though.

Im going to do a little cleaning and then ill present a proper picture.

silver%202.jpg

Awesome! Nice grab on the Silver King. I managed to pick up a set of luggage racks for a Schwinn middleweight but that was about it. When is the next swap in our area? Any idea?

Couple nice tidbits being mentioned about next year's swaps at the firehouse...

They're doing the spring show again next year. It will be the same weekend as the spring Velodrome swap. The big news is that they're going to try and make the fall swap a weekend event starting Friday night and running well into Sunday!

Awesome! Nice grab on the Silver King. I managed to pick up a set of luggage racks for a Schwinn middleweight but that was about it. When is the next swap in our area? Any idea?

There is one in tuckerton nj. Very small, but it is nice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

A couple of bikes and a few smalls for me on this one. Lots of bikes there for sure. Started out really slow Saturday night. Was worried that not much would show up but, many sellers started showing up early Sunday morning. Went to bed in my truck with half the lot full, woke up with hardly much room for the new arrivals.

Bought this 38 Hawthrone for a local friend. Just need to find a correct rack for it now.
30caf197f10a0ef10d87083a477122b6.jpg

The other bike for my collection is not ready for unveiling yet....pictures to follow.

Some smalls for some of my projects.

A nice wheelset with some repop BFs
3e5daca231a2ed9eede0aed9c01d8b0e.jpg

19b27ee757ef41dd24b9bedfcd0379fa.jpg

Didn't sell any of my bikes this year so, Eden is on my schedule at the end of the month.
Seems I always take more home than what I loaded.
757879f6945a104a8af8050576a79be7.jpg

Saw quite a few members from both sites and that was worth the trip to Trexlertown!

Back