Triciclo de rata

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a rat rod trike I will be building for a friend
I am starting with a 24" Schwinn Town & Country in ruff shape
P2020001.jpg

P2020002.jpg

I am debating on using a 24" Western Flyer frame or using a camel back 24" varisty/speedster/collegiate/manta ray frame ... if I can find one reasonable
it will be painted flat black with some cool red and white lines added
this is a pic with the western flyer frame
P2020006.jpg

Re: Manta Tres

Sweeeet, can you change the back rims? If so put some regular ones on there, If those are s-7.s And get some 24x3's on it. =]

I like the Western better! Gives it a tuffer look! Now throw some dragslicks on it and call it the "Western Fryer"! :p What you gonna do in the rearend area? One of them beerkeg grills would look wicked!

You know how I love trikes and tandems ...... Got tandem frame for that rearend? :wink: Whatever direction your heading, I'll probably be jealous! 8)
Keep us posted,
Chainy

working on this some today
I added a 52 tooth monark sprocket and 26" cranks and repop bow pedals then added cruiser bars and white schwinn chubbies :)
I might need to go back to 24" cranks because of the lower seat position this will have
I will be adding a super wide seat
I hope to finish mocking it up soon so I can strip it and get it painted
it will have the front fender and brake on it yet and maybe a stickshift shifter for the sturmey
P2240002.jpg

I want one! :mrgreen: I think it looks great with that tire size....... Color, please?

we decided to change this up one last time
we went with a 26" cruiser frame to give it abit more length and added a vintage wald "rat trap" rack for extra haulin room :)
time to strip it for paint(flat black)
P3090004.jpg

P3090002.jpg

Hooch,
You know... I'm sitting here with one of these that is pretty close to identical to what you started with, less one additional gear. Mine is a Campus Green '69 with a two speed kickback.

I bought a set of wider wheels for the rear, but am thinking of stickin' with the skinnies back there and maybe going to a 27 up front. I just can't make up my mind. I saw a CG Varsity fork sittin around here someplace in the last few weeks..... I'm also thinkin' whitewalls...

This one has proven to be the biggest challenge, as I had a pretty good idea of where it would go when I bought it, but other things have come up since, and the ideas have not jelled so far.

I like the frame you are using, and the flat black looks REALLY good. I keep leanin' toward a guy frame... Hmmm... I just happen to have a disassembled Typhoon sitting here too........

I will watch yours and see how it comes out, then maybe I'll figure this one out.

I think I may have been distracted by D "X" Project and the Cycle-Truck...

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

WOW, I have been lurking on different sites trying to come up with some ideas for my bikes, I have this same tricycle that I had intended to make into a custom chopper trike, lowered, stretched etc. But after seeing the results of yours, I think I would be crazy to go to that extreme. Now I just need to fiqure frame style to go with. Thanks for making an easier project for me. Rick

I also have another Tricycle, A Raleigh, I will get more info off it, But anybody know anything about those.

Back