TRIKE CONVERTION HELP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Im thinking of turning this chopper into a trike. But i have no idea where to start as far as the rear goes. Are there kits for it?? and how do the wheels attach?? If anyone can help please do

CHOPPER2.jpg

To bad your not near me I just picked one up to keep it from being scrapped. I plan on posting it for sale if I can ever figure out how to get pics to pb from this darn puter or my darn iphone ( I thought those things were supposed to do everything except maybe cure cancer?).

junknutz1975 said:
have you tried your local craigslist? around here you can buy a whole trike for parts under 100 bucks :D
http://westernmass.craigslist.org/bik/3515790564.html

wish it were like that out here. These weirdos out here want $800 to $900 for old rusty schwinn corvettes...there is one guy in Mesa that continually lists the same bikes month after month for these ridiculous prices..AND THEY NEVER SELL..i guess it's the heat or something..anyway..nit much here on craigslist..just a lot of DA's

I found a trike kit. Now the question i have..wheels for the back?? Looks like the hubs are a special hub for this thing right??? Guess i need to get those laced into the rims i want...anyone ever done a trike conversion?

You need hollow hubs. You can get them whoile wheelset or just the hubs off ebay. The question is do you need 15mm hubs or 5/8 hubs? 15mm is new school and wheels are pretty easy to find but the 5/8 or getting rare and expensive. I have a trike build on my post in the BUILD forum you can check out.

Ichoptop said:
You need hollow hubs. You can get them whoile wheelset or just the hubs off ebay. The question is do you need 15mm hubs or 5/8 hubs? 15mm is new school and wheels are pretty easy to find but the 5/8 or getting rare and expensive. I have a trike build on my post in the BUILD forum you can check out.

Thanks for the info. I will check the size of the axel. Not sure what size it is. I can have the hubs laced on other rims I guess would love some fat red ones

Back